Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Stormwing's test results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stormwing's test results

Post by Fluff Fluff on Sun May 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Match Results
(Fluff Fluff) vs (Stormwind)
(Battlin' Boxers) vs. (Six Samurai)

Testee lost 0-2 (0/10)

Deck Rating Total: 18/45

Main Deck Structure: 7/15 - There are a few nit picky things about this build I can't let go. Zanji and Irou are bad. They could be replaced with MUCH better Six Sam cards. Hand is an okay card but it's the same case; it could be swapped for a better support card. Great Shogun Shien is a MUST for this deck. I'd suggest running 1-2. Hell even Goblindberg would be an improvement over Zanji + Irou. At least that would open up a rank 4 xyz or a level 6 synchro in most cases. Run 3 Six Samurai United ALWAYS. If you're gonna run Dojo, run it in place of the Temple also (run 2 Dojo). Spamming the field is more important than lowering your opponents attack by a few 100. Double Edged Sword Technique is an okay card but in your case I'd probably run something a little more defensive considering your deck can spam pretty well as is. Shadow Impulse I understand your logic. If you summon out a bad warrior synchro and your opponent ends up killing it you can bring out Shi En free of charge. Problem with it; if they did destroy it by battle for you to summon Shi En with it, what makes you think that they just won't run over Shi En with the same stuff? Take it out of your deck, imo.

Main Deck Synergy: 5/10 - The deck synergy is okayish. I mean some cards are okayish and it follows the Six Sam theme pretty well but sometimes less archtype support is more. When you build a deck its not ideal to throw it every card that has something to do with "Six Samurai". Temple, Sword Technique, and in some cases Triple Impact (all of which you run, obv) are examples of these. If I were you I'd focus more on protecting the monsters you special summon via effect/destruction negation. Counter traps + Fiendish Chain/Breakthrough Skill are good places to start here.

Side Deck: 1/10 - I can't even ._. 3 xyz, 2 synchros, and 1 Solemn Warning. Side decks are meant to hurt the opponents deck. Tbh, the Solemn should be mained big time. That isn't exactly a card nowadays you want to avoid putting in your main deck. Evigishki Marrowgeist, King Arthur, Angineer, and Mighty Warrior won't do anything against me. Black Rose is a good option but again, you should REALLY main deck it if anything. With your deck I wouldn't hurt tbh. I mean with only 1 Grandmaster it could make opening up a synchro 7 difficult but its better than half the stuff in your extra deck atm.

Extra Deck: 5/10 - There are some cards that just don't belong and/or have MUCH better options. Utopia is outdated unless its in a Utopia deck, T.G. Gladiator just isn't that great, Scarred Warrior is okayyyyyy but not that great, and Excalibur is a good thought but it's the same as Utopia; there's a lot of better options. If I were you, I'd focus less on the level 5 synchros and more on really good rank 3s/4s. Evilswarm Exciton Knight, Ghostrick Alucard, a 2nd Shark, etc are all good places to start.

Notes on Deck:

Match Performance Total: 21/35

Use of Cards: 6/10 - There were a lot of things you could have did better. When you have a search card like Smoke Signal in your hand, its not always wise to set it off the turn you get it when you have absolutely nothing else to work off with it. It's basically a red flag saying "I'm going to add this card to my hand, k? Now you know what I have up my sleeve!" If anything you would have been better off waiting a turn to use it imo. Perhaps next turn you could have gotten a six sam to work with it. You weren't totally wrong setting it in the situation that you were in, but there were other things. Not doing Shi En first turn is sometimes a smart move so you don't go get it Solemn'd, but Scarred Warrior isn't exactly going to make someone set off things like Solemn to kill it. In Six Sams your options mostly consist of Naturias, Catastor, or Shi En. Use those to the best ability you can.

Concentration: 6/10 - You missed a couple things. When Lead Yoke attacked game 1 you forgot about your own Bushido Counters lowering its attack. You also missed that Wiretap shuffles the trap card into the deck. If it just negated and that was it it'd be A LOT more used. Overall it was just little things I noticed here and there but for the most part you payed attention pretty well.

Control of the Duel: 2/10 - Barely any control. I had the duel in my hands almost both duels. When you D Prison'd Lead Yoke game 1 that was about as much control as you had. Not that it mattered because I won the play after w/ Gagaga Cowboy.  

Siding Skills: 0/5 - You didn't side anything. In some situations, it's not always a bad thing. For your situation, with the 6 card side deck you had, you could have at least sided the Solemn. If you couldn't get over Lead Yoke game 1, you should prob side in the Solemn to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Ruling Test Score: 7/10

Notes on Performance: Focus more on defensive techniques to protect your monster. If you would have swapped out cards like Shadow-Impulse + Temple + Hand, etc, for cards like effect negation, more counter traps, the Solemn in your side deck, you would have done a lot better. Keep at it and follow some of the tips I posted here and you'll improve.

Final Score: 39/100
0-50 places you in Sphere Blue
51-81 places you in Prism Green
82-100 places you in Disigma Red.
To get Omega Purple, one must first achieve Disigma Red with at least a 95/100. Then he/she must contact a staff for the special Omega challenge. This is extremely difficult to accomplish; very few may even get the opportunity to try for Omega.

Welcome to Sphere Blue

Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top