Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework #7

+4
dondigity
Wiimoo123
ab9999
PLivingston
8 posters

Go down

Homework #7 Empty Homework #7

Post by PLivingston Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 am

Seems y'all haven't had homework in a while. That's where I come into play here. I request you to give me an example of a card with each type of spell speed listed in order, along with an explanation of why you say that card is that certain spell speed. It's a hit or miss assignment so if you're wrong you wont get points. You will be graded based on your card choices and explanations. Bonus points if you use a monster card for spell speed 2 and explain why it is spell speed 2. Avoid copying at all times, post your answers here. Good Luck.

P.S. You may use previous lessons on spell speed if you're confused on the subject.

A-200dp
B-150dp
C-100dp
D-50dp
E-0dp

Last edited by PLivingston on Thu May 15, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Homework #7 Empty Re: Homework #7

Post by ab9999 Wed May 14, 2014 11:10 am

Since spell speed and chains are related to each other I will be using chains to help me explain.

Spell speed 1 would be things like Normal Spells. They are the lowest speed and therefore cannot chain to other cards/effects and can only start a chain.

Spell speed 2 would be normal trap cards, continuous trap cards, quick spells, and certain monster effects such as stardust, Shi-en, Dolkka, Laggia, ect. These cards are speed 2 because their effects can activate in chain to other spell speed 1 and 2 cards.

The only cards to occupy speed 3 are counter trap cards such as solemn warning. ALL counter traps are speed 3, and the only thing that can chain to them is other cards with the same speed, or other counter traps.
ab9999
ab9999

DA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 am

ab9999 wrote:Since spell speed and chains are related to each other I will be using chains to help me explain.

Spell speed 1 would be things like Normal Spells. They are the lowest speed and therefore cannot chain to other cards/effects and can only start a chain.

Spell speed 2 would be normal trap cards, continuous trap cards, quick spells, and certain monster effects such as stardust, Shi-en, Dolkka, Laggia, ect. These cards are speed 2 because their effects can activate in chain to other spell speed 1 and 2 cards.

The only cards to occupy speed 3 are counter trap cards such as solemn warning. ALL counter traps are speed 3, and the only thing that can chain to them is other cards with the same speed, or other counter traps.

Your explanations are well thought out, however you didn't quite follow the rules for spell speed 1. The assignment was to give an example of a card and explain your decision. While you did explain spell speeds, the true assignment wasn't followed. I did like your explanations and reward you with a C for the assignment.
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiimoo123 Thu May 15, 2014 10:12 am

Haven't done homework in a while, but we get DP for this one woo!
Explanation of Spell Speeds:

Spell Speed 1: The slowest! Cards like normal spells and flip effects are Spell Speed 1. They can't be higher than chain link 2 (unless certain conditions are met) and cannot be chained to the activation of a card.

Spell Speed 2: Spell Speed 2, or fast effects, are in quick-play spells like Mystical Space Typhoon or quick effects like Stardust Dragon. They can be chained to Spell Speed 1 or other Spell Speed 2 cards, but not Spell Speed 3

Spell Speed 3: Can also be called fast effects. Only found in counter traps, like Solemn Warning. They can be chained to all spell speed cards and can only be countered by other counter traps.

Cards

Hamburger Recipe is spell speed 1. It is a ritual spell card, and rituals can only start chains. Ritual Spells are not able to be chained to the activation of a card or effect.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hamburger_Recipe

Rivalry of Warlords is a spell speed 2 trap. It is a continuous trap. Because it is a continuous trap, it cannot be chained to anything spell speed 2 or higher, and has a continuous effect.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rivalry_of_Warlords

Black Horn of Heaven is a spell speed 3 trap. It is a counter trap, and may be chained to the activation of any effect. Counter traps are always spell speed 3, and are the only cards able to be spell speed 3.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Horn_of_Heaven

Sorry if I made it too long! Have fun reading it Razz
Wiimoo123
Wiimoo123

DA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by dondigity Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:51 am

speed spell 1 = effect of tour guide its a typical effect monster
speed spell 2 = book of moon cause it is a card that responds to afore mentioned tour guide
Speed spell 3 = dark bribe because it is a counter trap and can only be countered by another counter trap + it negates the afore mentioned book of moon
dondigity
dondigity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazami500 Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Spell speed 1: Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo ( Effect monster )is normal summoned on MP1

Spell speed 2: Bottomless Trap Hole ( A normal trap )activates in response to the normal summon of Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo

Spell speed 3: Dark Bribe ( a counter trap ) activates in response to the activation of Bottomless Trap Hole. Dark Bribe resolves and negates Bottomless Trap Hole and Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo remains on the field.
Kazami500
Kazami500

Back to top Go down

Post by dondigity Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:04 pm

So, what do we do to get the dp from this
dondigity
dondigity

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAttack Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Spell Speed 1 - They are normally monster effects or normal spell cards that can activate but cannot be used in the middle of a chain, so they can only be used as the first card in a chain

ex: Mahunder is an example of this as she cannot chain her effect to cards like torrential tribute or fiendish chain as she is a spell speed 1 and therefore cannot be activated in the middle/end of a chain

Spell Speed 2 - These are normally normal traps and quick play spells but there are quite a few monsters that can be activated during your opponent's turn (such as Constellar Omega) making them quick play monsters and quick play monsters are spell speed 2. These cards can start chains but they can also be activated anytime in a chain except after a Spell Speed 3 card.

Ex: Player 1 XYZ summons Exciton Knight, Player 2 activates bottomless trap hole in response to the summon, Player 1 chains Exciton Knight's effect to blow up the field

Spell Speed 3 - These cards are only counter traps such as Solemn Warning, Black Horn of Heaven, and Infernity Launcher. These cards cannot be stopped by spell speed 1 or 2 but can only be responded 2 with another spell speed 3 such as wire tap.

Ex: Player 1 Summons Mahunder, Player 2 responds with Solemn Warning, Player 1 Chains Wiretap to Solemn Warning
ZachAttack
ZachAttack

DA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Wiimoo123 wrote:Haven't done homework in a while, but we get DP for this one woo!
Explanation of Spell Speeds:

Spell Speed 1: The slowest! Cards like normal spells and flip effects are Spell Speed 1. They can't be higher than chain link 2 (unless certain conditions are met) and cannot be chained to the activation of a card.

Spell Speed 2: Spell Speed 2, or fast effects, are in quick-play spells like Mystical Space Typhoon or quick effects like Stardust Dragon. They can be chained to Spell Speed 1 or other Spell Speed 2 cards, but not Spell Speed 3

Spell Speed 3: Can also be called fast effects. Only found in counter traps, like Solemn Warning. They can be chained to all spell speed cards and can only be countered by other counter traps.

Cards

Hamburger Recipe is spell speed 1. It is a ritual spell card, and rituals can only start chains. Ritual Spells are not able to be chained to the activation of a card or effect.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hamburger_Recipe

Rivalry of Warlords is a spell speed 2 trap. It is a continuous trap. Because it is a continuous trap, it cannot be chained to anything spell speed 2 or higher, and has a continuous effect.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rivalry_of_Warlords

Black Horn of Heaven is a spell speed 3 trap. It is a counter trap, and may be chained to the activation of any effect. Counter traps are always spell speed 3, and are the only cards able to be spell speed 3.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Horn_of_Heaven

Sorry if I made it too long! Have fun reading it Razz

Well said and well put. I also like the examples you chose! I rank this an A
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm

dondigity wrote:speed spell 1 = effect of tour guide its a typical effect monster
speed spell 2 = book of moon cause it is a card that responds to afore mentioned tour guide
Speed spell 3 = dark bribe because it is a counter trap and can only be countered by another counter trap + it negates the afore mentioned book of moon

While you are correct, your answer seems lazy Razz but you did give examples so I give this a C!
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 pm

ZachAttack wrote:Spell Speed 1 - They are normally monster effects or normal spell cards that can activate but cannot be used in the middle of a chain, so they can only be used as the first card in a chain

ex: Mahunder is an example of this as she cannot chain her effect to cards like torrential tribute or fiendish chain as she is a spell speed 1 and therefore cannot be activated in the middle/end of a chain

Spell Speed 2 - These are normally normal traps and quick play spells but there are quite a few monsters that can be activated during your opponent's turn (such as Constellar Omega) making them quick play monsters and quick play monsters are spell speed 2. These cards can start chains but they can also be activated anytime in a chain except after a Spell Speed 3 card.

Ex: Player 1 XYZ summons Exciton Knight, Player 2 activates bottomless trap hole in response to the summon, Player 1 chains Exciton Knight's effect to blow up the field

Spell Speed 3 - These cards are only counter traps such as Solemn Warning, Black Horn of Heaven, and Infernity Launcher. These cards cannot be stopped by spell speed 1 or 2 but can only be responded 2 with another spell speed 3 such as wire tap.

Ex: Player 1 Summons Mahunder, Player 2 responds with Solemn Warning, Player 1 Chains Wiretap to Solemn Warning

Well said, well written, and proper examples were given. You did everything I asked so I give this an A
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Boyzachu100 Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 pm

awarded these
D-Boyzachu100
D-Boyzachu100

DA Record : 10-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjiro Redfox Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Ooooookay,
my example for spell Speed one is my Non-Spellcasting Area, as an permanent Spell it has Speed 1 and can be Contered.
(Other would be normal Spells, Equip Spells, RitualSpells and Flip-, Trigger-, and Ignition- Monstereffects)

Spell Speed 2: For the Extra Points a Monster ^^ Herald of Purple Light, he is as Quick-Effeckt Monster, he can be chained as Chain 2 and higher, but not on Cards with speed 3
(Other would be Fast-Spells, Traps and Permanent Traps)

And as a Speed 3 I take Trap Jammer, it is a Conter-Trap and as such it has Speed 3

Smile)))))))))))
Enjiro Redfox
Enjiro Redfox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down