Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Little Deity's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little Deity's Test Results

Post by Ciphermask on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:55 am

Match Results
Ciphermask vs Little Deity
Evilswarm vs. Qliphort (I made an exception due to a misunderstanding)
Result of the Duel: Testee won: 2-0 (10/10)

Deck Rating Total: 42/45

Main Deck Structure: 15/15
Your usual sturdy Qliphort build, nothing out of the ordinary here. Everything works, no big holes.

Main Deck Synergy: 10/10
Everything flows well, but that's pretty typical of this Qliphort build style. Each card has a purpose and you don't really lose anything for using your resources as they normally would be.

Side Deck: 4/10 -
The monarchs in the side are useful for certain types of Qliphort decks, and they can be useful.
The triple Banisher of Radiance seems like a bad idea, and in most cases it will hurt you because of it.
Same thing with the other banishers like D-Fissure and Macro.
They run a third Wiretap and Chalice in the side, which can both be of use.
The only real odd out card is the Yamata Dragon, it can be used to regain advantage, but it will still often be forgotten about in the side if you don't need it normally to begin with.

Extra Deck: 10/10 -
For Qliphorts, the extra deck won't normally matter, but since they use Trampolynx, they have the option. The majority of it seems to be comprised of a high variety of monsters, all of which can make a nice place. Though they will likely not be used in most situations.

Notes on Deck: A fairly standard Qliphort deck, nothing out of the ordinary that the majority of us haven't seen. They run Skill Drain, as expected, and the standard number of each Qliphort (including the usual one Killer). Wiretap for trap negation is good and Chalice for protection comes in handy as well. The one-of Apoqliphort is appropriate for how it is used as well. The Limiter Removal isn't normally needed, but it does comes in handy, so no issue there.

Match Performance Total: 29/35

Use of Cards: 8/10
Most of the time nothing ended up being wasted, though I did find it odd that they bothered to use a Compulsory Evacuation Device on my Heliotrope as soon as their turn started when they could just as easily have attacked over it and conserved the card. It didn't matter in the long run, but saving things when you don't need to use them can make a difference.

Concentration: 8/10
Had a tendency to send pendulums to grave instead of extra deck, but this was usually corrected quickly. There was an issue where they tried to pendulum some monsters while Ophion was out, but the testee was corrected afterward.

Control of the Duel: 8/10

Siding Skills: 0/5
Sided D-Fissure to deal with my Kerykeion plays, but they didn't need much more than that.
However, the card itself hurts you more than it hurts me.

Ruling Test Score: 2/10

Notes on Performance:
You played well and kept hold of your ground most of the time. I only gained control one or two times, but you quickly pulled it back as I couldn't keep you from getting out your monsters again for long. Most of the cards were well timed except for the Compulse thing. You showed a proper understanding of the deck that you used, and that's what's important.

Final Score: 75/100
51-85 places you in Prism Green

Welcome to Prism Green
You aren't bad, and I hope to see you get even better while you are here, and please do enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Ciphermask on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar nazi and error fix)

Ciphermask

DA Record : 7-0-7
SA Record : 0-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Deity's Test Results

Post by Grimlock on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:08 am

Banishers actually counter Qliphorts for the monsters will be removed from play and cannot be reused doh

http://i.imgur.com/MQ4XQtV.png Blackshit Op

Luster_Beast_Luke wrote:Nekroz aren't big on OCG at the moment and when they hit TCG it is going to be much the same
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Concerning my mistake

Post by Ciphermask on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:12 am

Grimlock wrote:Banishers actually counter Qliphorts for the monsters will be removed from play and cannot be reused doh
Actually, you are right, I had forgotten that under that, the only ones that go back to the extra deck still are the ones which are in the pendulum zones.

Ciphermask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NmbrHntr on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 am

Ciphermask wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Banishers actually counter Qliphorts for the monsters will be removed from play and cannot be reused doh
Actually, you are right, I had forgotten that under that, the only ones that go back to the extra deck still are the ones which are in the pendulum zones.
No, they don't. The ones that leave the monster card zone still end up in Extra.

~~~ NMBRHNTR64
NmbrHntr

DA Record : 12-0-7
SA Record : 2-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:30 am

NMBRHNTR wrote:
Ciphermask wrote:
No, they don't. The ones that leave the monster card zone still end up in Extra.
The wiki rulings page seems to say otherwise.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Dimensional_Fissure

Ciphermask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Nickz on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 am

Welcome to VDA

~Nickz

DA Record : 0-0-0