Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Sean's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean's Test Results

Post by RustyGloves on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Match Results
RustyGloves vs Gagaga Dark Law
Constellar vs Masked Hero OCG
Result of the Duel: Testee lost: 0-2 (0/10)

Deck Rating Total: 27/45

Main Deck Structure: 9/15

Main Deck Synergy: 6/10 

Side Deck: 6/10 - 

Extra Deck: 6/10 - 

Notes on Deck: I have a bit to discuss with this deck, as I've had a little experience with this. I feel your deck, as far as I'm concerned, doesn't run enough ways to special summon your monsters quickly. You run monk and call, but I think you can also be playing Noden in your extra for nice XYZ plays (costs some cards as you'd need to play Instant-Fusion), A Hero Lives for more Hero searching/summoning, and maybe Goblindbergh for any Mists in hand. I think you should cut down on a lot of the spells like Fake Hero, A Hero's Mask, and some of the Mask Change Seconds because of possible dead hands and instead play traps that help you defend. In the long run your deck provides only ways to bring out Dark Law asap, but not enough back up to defend your guys and not enough follow up plays. (I'm aware Miracle Fusion is there, but honestly your main fusions are Masked Heroes so I do suggest either dropping Miracle Fusion or playing it minimally - yes it's odd, but I've taken experience from OCG decks and most don't play this in Masked Heroes). Also try Blazeman. He replaces Prisma for your deck.

Side Deck is a tad bit obsolete in regards to current meta decks. 1 Maxx C isn't enough if you're implying you want to prevent your opponent from special summoning too much because it's hard to draw into if you only bring in one. I guess System Down is a good meta call if you were thinking ahead for Qliphorts, but if you weren't it's not as good as you think especially because Geargia has decreased in popular play. Overworked, while Fire Fist are still around, aren't a thing you should worry about as it's not as massively played as the top three decks of the format. It's not a bad card, but it's lost its proper use after Fire Fist format. Mistake hurts your deck a LOT, so I recommend mind crush over it, especially since Dark Law already hurts when your opponent searches. "And The Band Played On" is very interesting, but I think you're better off with Vanity's Emptiness since it stops special summoning in general and leaves your opponent at a loss for things they need to get out.

Extra deck is focused on Masked Heroes, as the deck plays out. However, I feel like with the addition of Noden comes the removal of some of your other cards. Koga isn't the best Masked Hero you should be playing but I guess that's one of the only ones available besides acid and law. Then again, you could afford a bit more XYZ's in the deck if you add my suggestions so you can make faster plays. It's not bad, but it can use lots of work.

Match Performance Total: 15/35

Use of Cards: 6/10 

Concentration: 4/10 (You should've paid attention to me not banishing ROTA, you need to remember you can't search mist off itself, and you should've searched for bubbleman then summon prisma and bubbleman for a quick 101 to take control of the duel.)

Control of the Duel: 2/10 

Siding Skills: 3/5 

Ruling Test Score: TBD /10

Notes on Performance: Using Mask Change Second is kind of unfavorable in your playstyle for the reason it makes you go minus off discard and itself just to bring out another monster that acts as a floodgate (not a very good one at that vs my Constellar deck). Even going into first turn Dark Law, while formidable, is a bit of a waste as you can special Mist on your own to get a quick play, then next turn use mask change to quickplay off it and get Mist's eff in the grave. I think the overall issue is that you went all out almost each turn for the sake of little advantage. You need to focus less on trying to beat me and more on trying to defend against me. You also should've sided "And The Band Played On" rather than Mistake, and even with mistake you should've put in both for the reason you don't draw into it at 1 or at least very rarely you draw into it.

Final Score: 42 + Ruling Score/100
0-50 places you in Sphere Blue
51-85 places you in Prism Green
86-100 places you in Disigma Red.
To get Omega Purple, one must first achieve Disigma Red with at least a 95/100. Then he/she must contact a staff for the special Omega challenge. This is extremely difficult to accomplish; very few may even get the opportunity to try for Omega.

Welcome to Sphere Blue.
RustyGloves

DA Record : 0-0-1
SA Record : 0-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top