Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ra Homework #1

5 posters

Go down

Ra Homework #1 Empty Ra Homework #1

Post by Lusterine Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

As a member of Ra Yellow - you are expected to do better than Slifers, but not as well as Obelisk members. I don't follow this principal naturally - and I want you guys to help me out by helping me prove that Ra Yellow could easily beat Obelisk blue any day.

Assignment one for you guys will be short and sweet. I want you to defeat one Obelisk member. Send me the screenshot of you winning - and you will receive a cool 300dp for your efforts.

UPDATE: Considering that we haven't really been getting many Obelisk members within the academy - for some extra credit here is what I want you guys to do. Recruit two members to this academy with over 700 experience points. Make sure that they are convinced to stay. It doesn't matter if they get into Obelisk blue - however if they are experienced they should do so just fine. You will get 500 more DP for each recruit. Please provide evidence as well for each recruit - such as getting them to post an introduction.

Last edited by Lusterine on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Ra Homework #1 Empty Re: Ra Homework #1

Post by Devonte Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Im in!!!!
Devonte
Devonte

DA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Ra Homework #1 Empty Ummmmmmm......... simple problem with this

Post by GeffTW Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

I haven't seen an Obelisk member online since before I was tested :C
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Ω Lord Omega Ω Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 am

I agree with GeffTW. We need a better assignment that doesn't rely on a certain group of members that aren't usually here.
Ω Lord Omega Ω
Ω Lord Omega Ω

Back to top Go down

Post by GeffTW Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:24 pm

I have a suggestion: Maybe use the same assignment, but replace "Obelisk BLue" with a player on DN with 1100+ ranking? PLenty of those
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevencolors Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 am

yoooo I'm an obby. I'll be on for a few more hours so hit me up peeps.
Sevencolors
Sevencolors

DA Record : 5-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Ra Homework #1 Empty Nuuuu.....

Post by GeffTW Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 am

Uhhh....

:C

Thought you said "a few more hours" :C It's been less than two

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize post times weren't adjusted to my timezone - you kinda put that up in the middle of the night for me, apparently Razz
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lusterine Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:47 am

While it is true that Obelisk members aren't usually here - maybe we all should take that as a sign to recruit more members to get more recruits into Obelisk. With that in mind - I've also updated the homework a little bit.
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by GeffTW Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:58 am

>.< Though it's nice of you to come up with an alternative homework, and offering a rather large amount of DP for it, this really isn't what I was expecting from a dueling academy.

I respect your need to recruit new members, and it's good that you're encouraging members to recruit other ones, but this isn't really the point of homework.

I came to this academy to learn more. In the while that I've been here, I've learned more than I would in two weeks of testing on DN's rated pool from my test that put me in Ra Yellow, and about another week's worth from @sevencolors with some questions I asked them.

This homework has no real target to teach us. The initial homework was along the lines of "show me you're good" which isn't really that effective at teaching, but at least we'd get a good duel out of it, maybe find out about a really useful tech card from the Obelisk member.

This new homework has no purpose in teaching us. Literally, it's "do work for us and you'll get more DP than normal.

Honestly, now. What use is DP to me in a half-dead academy, where I can't expect to learn anything because my primary purpose is to recruit?

I have no intentions of recommending this academy, or any other, for that matter, to anyone, until I'm convinced that the academy's purpose is to TEACH people. Not to make itself popular by giving points for making it more popular.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, if you want everyone to be active here, you might try being a bit more active yourself.

Last edited by GeffTW on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment about the time it took for a response to this post)
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down