Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush

4 posters

Go down

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Empty PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush

Post by PSYK0CH1KN Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Here it is, PSYK0's second installment of the really cool, super fun deck profiles. Now we have one of my favorite decks of all time: Dustons. This deck is honestly fun to play and I would recommend it to anyone who just wants to have a good time in a duel while making their opponent cry like the little baby they are. You're going to have a rough time with consistency in this deck, but that's honestly to be expected when you're running a deck that shouldn't exist.

With that, let's get to the cards:

DISCLAIMER
Unfortunately, this profile lacks quotes from a fellow member of VDA. I may come back to this and have someone help with some quotes, but there are none as of right now.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20130726213829
Code:
When this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle, and it was face-up at the start of the Damage Step, or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon any "Duston" monsters of your choice from your hand and/or Deck to anywhere on the field, but you must Special Summon an equal number of monsters on each side.
I get asked a lot: "PSYK0, what makes a Duston go?" Well, here's your answer: House Duston. These little guys are more than willing to spend the entire game in the Graveyard just as long as you have some Dustons to take their place on the field. Just make sure you leave one open space for the surprise I have later in this profile.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20131108213449
Code:
Cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. When this card on the field is destroyed: Banish 1 random card from the controller's hand, face-down, until the next turn's Standby Phase. You can only control 1 face-up "Blue Duston".
The effect isn't all that terrible for your opponent, but is a Duston and it lets you take away one of their monster zones. And, when it comes down to it, that's all this deck is really about. Also you can summon Blue to your side of the field with hardly any repercussions due to the nature of this deck.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20130621210902
Code:
Cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. When this card on the field is destroyed: The controller targets 1 Spell/Trap Card they control; return that target to the hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Green Duston".
Green Duston, just like his bro Blue Duston, is only used to take up a space on your opponent's side of the field. As with Blue, it isn't that bad if you summon Green to your side of the field.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20140701170113
Code:
Cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. When this card on the field is destroyed: The controller takes 500 damage. You can only control 1 face-up "Red Duston".
Again, the effect isn't too bad for either yourself or your opponent so spam away. Nothing noteworthy that hasn't already been said in the descriptions of Blue and Green.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20140417143710
Code:
Cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. When this card on the field is destroyed: The controller targets 1 monster in their Graveyard; shuffle that target into the Deck. You can only control 1 face-up "Yellow Duston".
Here is the only Effect Duston that you don't want to give to your opponent. You can recycle your White Dustons and your House Dustons with this guy so he's pretty good.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20150421125709
Code:
The proudust of them all.
Saving the best for last, here's your favorite Duston. You can summon all three of this guy to your side of the field with no downside for yourself. It's really good, guys, so use it.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20100814020458
Code:
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 Level 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck.
If you don't have House in your hand at the start of the duel, Stygian is there to rescue you. Just a backup in case you don't start with House, really.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20150131131711
Code:
When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with 1500 or more ATK: Destroy that monster(s) with 1500 or more ATK, and if you do, banish it.
It's Bottomless pls. Just put it in there.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20090220173307
Code:
If a face-down Defense Position monster or an Effect Monster is on the field: Change all face-down Defense Position monsters on the field to face-up Defense Position (Flip monsters' effects are not activated at this time), also inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Effect Monster on the field.
Burn card. Use it after you've filled the field with Dustons.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20121006005435
Code:
Change all face-up Level 3 or lower monsters to Attack Position.
Keeps your opponent's Dustons in Attack so you can do maximum damage when you attack them.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20150609143342
Code:
Change all face-up Level 4 or higher monsters to Defense Position.
Slows some decks down, but isn't really all that helpful in the XYZ meta.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20140723120450
Code:
Target 1 monster on the field; this turn, it cannot be Tributed, or be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. If this Set card you control is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can add 1 "Duston" monster from your Deck to your hand.
MST proxy. Allows you to add House to your hand if you opponent decides to blind MST your backrow. Can also be used to stop an XYZ, Synchro, or Fusion combo from happening.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20140802110226
Code:
When a Fiend-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack: Target the opponent's attacking monster and that monster you control; destroy both targets, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of the opponent's destroyed monster.
Basic Duston stall. Destroys one of your opponent's monsters and does some free damage to them.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20140725072237
Code:
You can only control 1 "Magicalized Duston Mop". The equipped monster cannot be Tributed, or be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Duston" monster from your Deck to your hand.
As with Duston Roller, can be used to stop some combos from happening and can be used to add House to your hand.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20150827212448
Code:
Target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this card's activation.
Honestly, it's better MST.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20120911220346
Code:
If you control a face-up Level 1 monster: Add 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase of this turn, take 2000 damage if you did not Normal Summon the added monster, or a card with the same name, after activating this card.
This is used to add our best friend (who will be revealed soon) to our hand so we can summon him and win the game.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20120616114433
Code:
The equipped monster gains 800 ATK and DEF for each face-up monster you control.
Fill your field with Dustons, summon your unnamed best friend, equip this to him, win.

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20150827212419
Code:
Send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your hand or Deck.
Throw away a Stygian, summon a House. What could be better?

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Latest?cb=20111020044347
Code:
While you control another Fiend-Type monster, this card cannot be attacked. The ATK and DEF of this card are each equal to the number of Fiend-Type monsters on the field (excluding this card) x 1000.
Here he is, folks, your new best friend. Goblin King leads your massive army of Dustons to victory. It gains attack for every Fiend on the field, including the Dustons on your opponent's side of the field. Stick a United We Stand on this guy, and you have a massive 11,200 ATK/DEF monster that can plow through all of the Dustons that your opponent has been forced to keep in Attack position due to Level Limit - Area A.

SIDE
As with Handshakes, this is useless. Only use this deck in singles.

EXTRA
Even more useless than the Extra in Handshakes. I don't even have any cards in here because I don't even know what they would be.

Full deck list:
House Duston x3
Blue Duston x3
Green Duston x3
Red Duston x3
Yellow Duston x3
White Duston x3
Stygian Security x2
Goblin King x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Ceasefire x2
Level Limit - Area A x3
Duston Roller x1
Hate Buster x3
Level Limit - Area B x2
Magicalized Duston Mop x2
Night Beam x2
Where Arf Thou? x3
United We Stand x2
One for One x1
PSYK0CH1KN
PSYK0CH1KN

DA Record : 7-0-7
SA Record : 0-0-0

https://www.youtube.com/user/Odd3ssy

Back to top Go down

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Empty Re: PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush

Post by RekonZero Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Holy hell i've been trying to learn this deck for a long time but never could find a real good guide on how it works, this was perfect thank you PSYK0
RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

DA Record : 14-1-2
SA Record : 0-0-2

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com

Back to top Go down

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Empty Re: PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush

Post by Lusterine Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Are you serious though

B/c I've been looking for a guide like this and oh gosh here it is like omg thx Psyk0 now I can die happy.

Ty babes. See you tonight.
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYK0CH1KN Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Lusterine wrote:Are you serious though

Every deck I ever make is serious. There is no such thing as "fun" deck building. Only fun deck playing.
PSYK0CH1KN
PSYK0CH1KN

Back to top Go down

PSYK0's Fun Time Decks #2 - Duston Victory Rush Empty Ummm....

Post by GeffTW Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm really sorry, but how do you get the dustons onto your opponents field? o.o
GeffTW

DA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYK0CH1KN Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:56 pm

House Duston, m8
"When this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle, and it was face-up at the start of the Damage Step, or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon any "Duston" monsters of your choice from your hand and/or Deck to anywhere on the field, but you must Special Summon an equal number of monsters on each side."
PSYK0CH1KN
PSYK0CH1KN

Back to top Go down

Post by GeffTW Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Thank you so much! I'm not sure how I missed the card, but wow, that's really effective! Any thoughts on adding a Jar of Avarice to the deck for recycling?
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYK0CH1KN Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:04 pm

I've put a lot of time into this deck, and I've learned that you either have a good starting hand with it or you lose completely. I don't think there's any point in recycling since it relies on you being able to combo with House leading into Goblin King which either wins the duel or doesn't. Fun Time decks aren't really even meant to win; you're just supposed to have a good time playing them.
PSYK0CH1KN
PSYK0CH1KN

Back to top Go down

Post by GeffTW Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Oh! I came up with two improvements, both of which pertaining to the extra...

1) Add 3 Chimeratech fortress dragon.
On the off chance that your opponent is running Cyber Dragons, and leave the board in the right way, you get yourself a free monster clear, and a free monster!

2) Fill the extra with fusions
It seems weird, but if your opponent is running a trap-exodia deck, which focuses on hope for escape (again, a really off chance) than Guess-and-tri will be nearly useless to them
GeffTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down