Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Some Router Problems NEED HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some Router Problems NEED HELP!

Post by Megaz0rd on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Hello VDA recently I have come across some technical difficulty with my home router. For some reason at my home the only things that load on any device are Facebook Skype and Youtube. With this situation i have had difficulty getting on VDA lately. As I type this I am at the public library. I'm doing my best to fix the problem but I still don't know what the problem is. I'm not sure how often I will be able to get on vda until it's fixed. If you have any idea to what the problem i'm having is or if you just wana talk please dont hesitate to contact me on my Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/jose.a.molina.9406 or my Skype; xjose.molina12 I hope I can be as active as i was asap. Thanks for listening guys.

Megaz0rd

DA Record : 9-2-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Router Problems NEED HELP!

Post by B@TMAN on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 pm

some questions might need to be answered:
what devices have you tried to connect with?
did you reset your router?
what if any errors messages you getting?
anyone mess with your router?

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Nickz on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Shut it down for a few days then restart

~Nickz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Megaz0rd on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:04 pm

B@TMAN wrote:some questions might need to be answered:
what devices have you tried to connect with?
did you reset your router?
what if any errors messages you getting?
anyone mess with your router?

I have tried my phone laptop xbox 360 xbox 1 and a tablet. I have reset it multiple times. The error I'm getting says that the ip is lashing with another device. And no I don't believe so.

Megaz0rd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Nickz on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Have you passed on your router IP pass to any other device outside your house?If you have then that's why

~Nickz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. logan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 pm

yeah theres a chance someone else outside of your home has gotten access to your ip, or you have gotten a new device which is causing errors with t=your router, have you gotten any new devices right before this started happening/give your wifi password to anyone else, and if you dont have a password on it you definitely need one. Other than that the only things i could think of would be to check your recently used devices for any malicious software recently downloaded, because that might be causing flags in the router causing it to stop working for certain pages.

DA Record : 5-0-1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:56 pm

i think either someone messed with your router or you need to reset the ip address.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LiynPride on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:15 pm

It's hard to diagnose what the issue is since you left the details quite broad. Meaning it could be a multitude of possibilities. However I will agree with the others that it is likely that an individual has placed a gateway bug in your router. This is when someone cracks the code of your router (Usually by using what is called a R.A.T file; an R.A.T file is a malware used to be able to gain access to all computer monitoring and all the devices used by that hardware. The R.A.T file is normally transmitted through downloading a file from an untrusted source.) Once they crack the code by whatever method. They begin to use proxies to shut down the gateways which allow other devices to use the router. This can be solved by completing a total reset of your router and changing your password.

And yes I know more about this kind of stuff because I fiddle with UXTerminal commands/java script. However I do not use my knowledge to do these kinds of malicious things to other people.

LiynPride

DA Record : 9-0-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:27 am

Give me the error message chrome gives you (Click to view details also)
Also ping a working site and a broken one in cmd and pm me those results if your insecure.
As general troubleshooting, if it's a bug then antivirus in safe mode to clean it
BUT most likely it's an issue with your antivirus, so completely disable your antivirus and chrome extensions then open chrome in incognito mode and visit a blocked site to see if you have access. Also, try downloading tor browser on your phone/pc and see if you can browse through that proxy.
If none of those work then it's your ISP fault, or it might be something else in which case those screens i asked for will come in veryyyy handy.

Good luck!

PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

DA Record : 0-0-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Megaz0rd on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 am

Turns out my internet provider was experiencing some technical difficulties no problem with my router. XD

Megaz0rd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top