Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Meta

+5
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
Grimlock
Mr. logan
Fluff Fluff
YoungX
9 posters

Go down

Future Meta Empty Future Meta

Post by YoungX Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm back. That is all. With all of these new OCG archetypes: Hermit Youkai, Spirit Beast Tamer, Necloths just to name a few it seems like the Meta will be headed towards a new direction. With already existing archetypes to soon follow the TCG such as Qliphorts I thought an analysis should be conducted.

Qliphorts: Perhaps one of the biggest contenders for the upcoming meta. Not only does it have pendulum monsters, but combined with Killer and skill drain, this deck is to be feared. To be honest I'm really not sure what Konami is going to do with Apoqliphort Killer seeing as it is a threat. However I don't think that this card is going to be banned, but maybe hit to semi limited. What I think is going to be limited or banned, however is Skill Drain. With Soul Drain at 1, perhaps Konami was waiting for this moment. A reason to ban Skill Drain so that it can never be abused with Qliphorts.

Verdict: Definite Tier 1 no mistake.

Necloths: Oh Joy. Another Ritual archetype. Unlike Gishkis, this Archetype is way more viable. Highly searchable warriors, and not to mention Brionac and Trischula each with similar effects as their synchro counterparts. Though this deck can hit certain decks hard, there are still weakness to this deck. Even a single Vanity can wreck this deck. If you don't run MST, then side deck it ALWAYS. It will be your best friend in certain situations.

Verdict: Perhaps around Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Hermit Youkai: I first had a taste of this archetype during my duel with Grimlock. And I have to say it's pretty nice. An archetype with normal summon love. So a Vanity's is always welcome in the deck even if your playing with XYZ. They even have a nice Counter Trap that is similar to Stellarnova Alpha, but without the draw and tribute. The pendulum monsters add a nice bonus to the deck finding a way around Killer.

Verdict: At least Tier 2 definitely. Seems more viable than Necloths in my opinion.

Don't have much to say about Spirit Beast Tamer, so if someone could do that then great.
YoungX
YoungX

DA Record : 1-0-6
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Future Meta Empty Re: Future Meta

Post by Fluff Fluff Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Qliphorts and Necloths I can see being between 1-2 but Hermits I don't see near tier 2 at all.

Qliphorts are strong but imo they can be stopped dead with the right side deck cards. Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, any s/t destruction, etc. As long as you have those sided you're fine a lot.

Necloths are very strong but with decks like that it takes very simple side deck cards to kill. If you so much as drop Mistake or Thunder King Rai-Oh then the entire deck dies. Mask of Restrict will also stop their ritual summons entirely.

Hermits I haven't seen much of but really I don't find them much of a threat. Chidori is their main play and that's about it. Their pendulum monster Dabikaze is pretty strong but aside from that they don't have much up their sleeve imo.

Pls just never bring these to TCG and just replace with Battlin' Boxer support
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. logan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:42 pm

out of those three decks you mentioned I can see qliphorts being tier 1 no problem, necloths could definitely get at least tier 2, as long as konami doesn't mess with them too much (ban list stuffz), and yeah I don't see hermits doing anything tbh, too many better decks for them to really shine. Imo shads ba qliphorts and maybe satellars will be the tier ones, since ba and shads are getting new support too already vamp their very good decks.
Mr. logan
Mr. logan

DA Record : 5-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlock Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:Qliphorts and Necloths I can see being between 1-2 but Hermits I don't see near tier 2 at all.

Qliphorts are strong but imo they can be stopped dead with the right side deck cards. Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, any s/t destruction, etc. As long as you have those sided you're fine a lot.

Necloths are very strong but with decks like that it takes very simple side deck cards to kill. If you so much as drop Mistake or Thunder King Rai-Oh then the entire deck dies. Mask of Restrict will also stop their ritual summons entirely.

Hermits I haven't seen much of but really I don't find them much of a threat. Chidori is their main play and that's about it. Their pendulum monster Dabikaze is pretty strong but aside from that they don't have much up their sleeve imo.

Fgt wat u say bout Meh youkais.
Chidori isn't the main play (I have made it around once every 10 matches)
and daiba is a Yoko card that barely anyone relies on
Grimlock
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:Qliphorts and Necloths I can see being between 1-2 but Hermits I don't see near tier 2 at all.

Chidori isn't the main play (I have made  it around once every 10 matches)
Fl0ff he's right, why would u xyz into chidori when you search a solemn erry turn .-.? Yokai are a good match-up against both even without siding.
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

DA Record : 0-0-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:02 pm

I forgot wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

Chidori isn't the main play (I have made  it around once every 10 matches)
Fl0ff he's right, why would u xyz into chidori when you search a solemn erry turn .-.? Yokai are a good match-up against both even without siding.

i sux @ lyfe pls no h8

I haven't played against Hermits near as much as the other two, but really I can't see them hitting near tier 2. MAYBE tier 3 but I wouldn't put much money on it. If Divine Wind came to anywhere above 1 I'd give them more credit but for now I just don't think they've got what it takes.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by NmbrHntr Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Killer will likely be untouched, since there would be no point in limiting a card you would only ever run 1 of. Hell, in the OCG, they hardly ever use Killer (of course they also all main Utopia, so that is almost a moot point) since all they need is for Shell or Disk to pull off an OTK. I can, however see Skill Drain getting hit.

Anyways, I took the liberty of compiling lists of Decks in how they placed in various competitions in Japan (of course, this is OCG and much different from TCG, but it is to display an idea of how certain Decks are doing).

6th Port Challenge Cup, 10/13/2014, Domestic Tournament, 78 players:

26th Kobe CS, 10/13/2014, Domestic Tournament, 39 Players:

I could have gotten way more, but it didn't seem worth it. FYI: You don't want to see the Decklists... they are all beyond cancer.
NmbrHntr
NmbrHntr

DA Record : 12-0-7
SA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlock Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:13 am

NMBRHNTR wrote:Killer will likely be untouched, since there would be no point in limiting a card you would only ever run 1 of. Hell, in the OCG, they hardly ever use Killer (of course they also all main Utopia, so that is almost a moot point) since all they need is for Shell or Disk to pull off an OTK. I can, however see Skill Drain getting hit.

Anyways, I took the liberty of compiling lists of Decks in how they placed in various competitions in Japan (of course, this is OCG and much different from TCG, but it is to display an idea of how certain Decks are doing).

6th Port Challenge Cup, 10/13/2014, Domestic Tournament, 78 players:

I could have gotten way more, but it didn't seem worth it. FYI: You don't want to see the Decklists... they are all beyond cancer.

I have already seen most of these decklists XD

he is right beyond cancer
Grimlock
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 am

Spirit beasts are gonna be tier 2 no doubt. If you've seen them play then you'll understand. So many ways to abuse contact fusions and other ways to make things go insanely well for you. Just need a good build for the deck and you are set.
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by NmbrHntr Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 am

PLivingston wrote:Spirit beasts are gonna be tier 2 no doubt. If you've seen them play then you'll understand. So many ways to abuse contact fusions and other ways to make things go insanely well for you. Just need a good build for the deck and you are set.
I can see that, especially when they are getting a little more support in SECE.
NmbrHntr
NmbrHntr

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Honestly I think the next meta will be
Burning Abyss
Necloth
Shaddoll
(Maybe heros and qliphoth)

ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. logan Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

yeah thats pretty much right, but im pretty sure qliphoths will be one of the top decks
Mr. logan
Mr. logan

DA Record : 5-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Nickz Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:06 am

ThunderChidori,why Hero's?
~Nickz
~Nickz

Back to top Go down

Post by NmbrHntr Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

The only reason HEROs are good in the OCG is Dark Law is useful with a lot of stuff... and because a lot of OCG players are hot for Judai.
NmbrHntr
NmbrHntr

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

YuGiOh Gx was a pretty good series for what it was worth. 10x better than Zexal.
YoungX
YoungX

DA Record : 1-0-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum