Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event for all acadamies

+3
Fluff Fluff
B@TMAN
Lusterine
7 posters

Go down

Event for all acadamies Empty Event for all acadamies

Post by Dark Angel Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:54 am

# approved by jack
Excuse me on grammar, thats me Razz

So, do u remember ycs may? Event for all acadamies? Well i'm making something new, well not only me, but since u are not affiliated with acadamey that actually gave idea i won't name it.
Anyway, it would work like this:
Every acadamey (8 of them including vda) would have qualification tourney. Min. users in qualification tourney is 8, but im sure u'll get more then 8. Then, top 4 duelsits from that qualifications (semi-finalists) would enter in final tourney,  main one.
So bassicly, if 4 members from 8 acadamies would be in that final tourney it would be huge. 32 persons would be in.
Each user can play for only one acadamey ( he can be in only one qualification tourney )

So rules for qualification tourney are:
match, deck lock ( u can change deck in main tourney ), tcg only, no stall decks, burn, exodia, final countdwon, troll etc.

So as soon as all acadamis finish with qualification main tourney with particpiants from gda, na, da, mada, vda, sda, bada, aka would start.
If u have any questions, feel free to pm me here or on dn: (TPB)DarkAngel

Awards for main tourney is not set yet, but for qualifications are up for each acadamey.
Each acadamey makes their qualifications by themselves, so admins/mods should make qualifications.

Last edited by Dark Angel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Angel
Dark Angel

DA Record : 4-0-4
SA Record : 1-0-1

Back to top Go down

Event for all acadamies Empty Re: Event for all acadamies

Post by Lusterine Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:11 am

But BADA basically stole 90% of our active members

And they are kind of new, liek rly new

Also count me in pl0x?
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Angel Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 am

bada is actually more innactive then vda
anyway ok luke
and i don't moderate tourney, that admins/mods do
so u can sign-up here but staff will make bracket and rest
Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Well let's be honest here, I hated the YCS. It was poorly organized, the leaders of it were complete morons, literally half the tournament went inactive, etc etc. I really don't care for the idea, but I'd be willing to try it again. Just a few things we need to take care of, however:

1. If this IS going to happen, the sign ups need to be relatively soon. Most people will be more free in 2-3 weeks (semester ends for a lot of people then.) I'd probably give it this week to get support, next week to host sign ups and conduct the tournament, and the week after to see who all has their players together. Problem being, with 8 different academies I know somebody will fuck this up.

2. We'd need another place to host our total bracket and w/l postings much like the YCSO or whatever the hell its name was.

3. We'd need more judges. Idk about the rest of the academies, but we have very few here.

4. We need people moderating it this time who have an IQ of over 47.

5. Figure out the awards you plan to distribute (preferably an irl award so more people will actually participate.)

As far as qualifications, I don't see why anybody couldn't just apply for the tournament. In all reality, I'd personally like to restrict it to a disigma red or higher application process, but I know that won't blow over well with most people. Therefore, I'd probably just set it to prism green or higher for applying to participate in the qualifying tournament.

If we get more people to show support for it on this thread, I'm fine with hosting the sign up thread. Keep in mind to those who post after this that this is NOT an official sign up thread.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:Well let's be honest here, I hated the YCS. It was poorly organized, the leaders of it were complete morons, literally half the tournament went inactive, etc etc. I really don't care for the idea, but I'd be willing to try it again. Just a few things we need to take care of, however:

1. If this IS going to happen, the sign ups need to be relatively soon. Most people will be more free in 2-3 weeks (semester ends for a lot of people then.) I'd probably give it this week to get support, next week to host sign ups and conduct the tournament, and the week after to see who all has their players together. Problem being, with 8 different academies I know somebody will fuck this up.

2. We'd need another place to host our total bracket and w/l postings much like the YCSO or whatever the hell its name was.

3. We'd need more judges. Idk about the rest of the academies, but we have very few here.

4. We need people moderating it this time who have an IQ of over 47.

5. Figure out the awards you plan to distribute (preferably an irl award so more people will actually participate.)

As far as qualifications, I don't see why anybody couldn't just apply for the tournament. In all reality, I'd personally like to restrict it to a disigma red or higher application process, but I know that won't blow over well with most people. Therefore, I'd probably just set it to prism green or higher for applying to participate in the qualifying tournament.

If we get more people to show support for it on this thread, I'm fine with hosting the sign up thread. Keep in mind to those who post after this that this is NOT an official sign up thread.

2. y not challonge, locked registration.
3. we can nominate judges based on how many people actually join, more people more judges, less people less judges.
4. Moderation really shouldn't be an issue unless you're retarded .-. Check for people who post to confirm, then update challonge and post saying "Updated Match __ vs __, 2-0" etc." Judges are there to witness or clarify any issues. If there is an argument between judges from 2 sides then bring it up to top moderators or ask a dn admin. Treated like a damn rated match @_@
5. Prob. DN donations to top few with like 10$ (or as much as people wanna donate, we could ask academy tops or even discuss with them) distributed across.
6?. Anyone should be able to apply, if you just so happen to be put against sup round 1 then appreciate your luck. Registration can just be put on a thread, typical info and maybe added contact info. To update roster just have moderators post afterwards (Updated, add all above).
7. Please be real with it and not a push over about it. Require ss of both games and have them post along with results. Also, i'm not a big fan of deck locking especially with these events that can go so horribly wrong because it requires people to send in screenshots b4 hand in siding etc. and that'll cause the retarded mods to b like "so much pm's, very spam, i quit f0k dis" With that in place all that needs to be done are duels, post results, have mod update brackets. Registration should start either on the 13th or 20th and the tournament 1 week afterwards. Leaving too much time for registration will cause someone to just register then after a while forget and be like "oops" Each player should have a week to get a duel in, if after 1 week a player hasn't gotten a duel in disqualify them no questions asked, again, don't be fucking push overs about it. With irl money/dn donations as a motive both players have no reason not to try and find eachother, why should we try to give them a prize? DC is a game loss unless otherwise stated by the person who dc'd, if it was 1-0 b4 dc it becomes 1-1 and both players just re-host admit defeat so dn chat says that and continue off with siding from there. I say not to make it an entire match loss because as strict as i want this to be, it might discourage people with bad connections if they lose a match because some1's playing league on their wifi. If the match is left at 1-1 the person who won last will get the match win, so if you happen to dc and leave a match at 1-1 you still have the week to finish it but if you cannot then the one who won last will win the match. If a significant amount of time passes and games haven't been finished those who haven't finished are to PM schedules so that a moderator can schedule a time and POST that on the tournament thread. If a time cannot be agreed upon at 0-0 then it's a game loss for both players, If it's 1-1 then the player who won last will receive the match win, BUT the moderator needs to pm the would-be loser the other players schedule and ask if the would-be loser can make it work. If the would-be loser agrees to free-up time to meet the schedule sent in by the would-be winner then the duel takes place at said time. If the would-be winner "changes his mind" about his schedule then he will be given the match loss and the other player will go forward.

7 pretty much covers every scenario possible so if the players can agree to that then it's not worth even giving them the chance to compete for the prize.
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

DA Record : 0-0-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Angel Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 pm

anyway guys i'll make little edit tomorrow, with more professional topic, better grammar and more organized
about judges, we'll probably do it for final tourney, no need for judges in qualifications, thats up for every acadamey
about irl award i'll talk about that with other organizer
and no limitation for joining, it's free sign-up
yes d/c is game-loss
Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

L wrote: -insert huge ass nigga text here-

The worst part about this is that we need universal moderates for this. If we were to use challonge, we need multiple people who have access to the account we're hosting it on. We could have moderators from VDA look over it but if we have people from DA and GDA duel and post results there, we also need moderators there as well to keep postings updated. We would definitely be strict about it, no doubt. I for one, if I were chosen to be moderator, wouldn't fuck around with this like my counterparts did. Moderation being due to retardation was the entire issue with the last YCS.

We also need people to send in their decks. If this IS going to happen, we need people from each academy to distribute the decklists of the final four participating to a grand council of moderators overseeing the event. But firstly, we need more support for this. I for one approve of it, however, I don't know how many others feel about this.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Angel Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:37 pm

yeeeah
wel, don't sign-up yet we need to do some things, some things have to be done be4 everythign starts
Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:

The worst part about this is that we need universal moderates for this. If we were to use challonge, we need multiple people who have access to the account we're hosting it on. We could have moderators from VDA look over it but if we have people from DA and GDA duel and post results there, we also need moderators there as well to keep postings updated. We would definitely be strict about it, no doubt. I for one, if I were chosen to be moderator, wouldn't fuck around with this like my counterparts did. Moderation being due to retardation was the entire issue with the last YCS.

We also need people to send in their decks. If this IS going to happen, we need people from each academy to distribute the decklists of the final four participating to a grand council of moderators overseeing the event. But firstly, we need more support for this. I for one approve of it, however, I don't know how many others feel about this.

We don't need people to send in decks if it's not locked, that saves everyone hours of time and complaining. It's not hard to update a challonge bracket .-. The mods and admins we have here are more then enough, we could have the participants update the match results themselves and just have them post confirmation of that on main thread. That makes it more the participants responsibility which i trust much more then the staff. With that all we need moderators for are to handle dc complaints/scheduling. More distributed responsibilities means even if 1 person fucks up the entire thing doesn't get hurt.
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm

L wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

We don't need people to send in decks if it's not locked, that saves everyone hours of time and complaining. It's not hard to update a challonge bracket .-. The mods and admins we have here are more then enough, we could have the participants update the match results themselves and just have them post confirmation of that on main thread. That makes it more the participants responsibility which i trust much more then the staff. With that all we need moderators for are to handle dc complaints/scheduling. More distributed responsibilities means even if 1 person fucks up the entire thing doesn't get hurt.

It'd take a lot of thought. We'll see what the organizers of this feel like doing. Once specifics have been figured out, I'm gonna go ahead and make a sign up thread for qualifying.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:18 pm

i am thinking of donating to dn. i havent worked out exactly what i want but its enough to get attention for events considering academic rarely offer donating to dn.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
L wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

It'd take a lot of thought. We'll see what the organizers of this feel like doing. Once specifics have been figured out, I'm gonna go ahead and make a sign up thread for qualifying.
What thought nigga?
"Post here to sign-up, read the rules take responsibility for your match-ups, Here's a list of our moderators and admins should anything occur. Gl hf
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:24 pm

L wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:
L wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

What thought nigga?
"Post here to sign-up, read the rules take responsibility for your match-ups, Here's a list of our moderators and admins should anything occur. Gl hf

If only it were that simple. Maybe its just me, but I have literally 0 faith in most human beings I meet. There's gonna be somebody to derp this up. Somebody.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix King™ Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 pm

I love the enthusiasm, but this didn't work the last time it was attempted...
Phoenix King™
Phoenix King™

DA Record : 0-0-3

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:11 am

Phoenix King™ wrote:I love the enthusiasm, but this didn't work the last time it was attempted...
That's because we over complicated everything and put to much on the mods. Like i said before also, even if 1 person fucks up the entire thing won't fall through because with the way i mentioned we put each participant responsible for their own match, the only person it'd hurt if they fucked up is themself.
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. logan Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:09 am

well i wasn't here for the last ycs, but it sounds ok to me, if you need any help with anything let me know, id be more than happy to help out in any way i can
Mr. logan
Mr. logan

DA Record : 5-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Angel Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:02 am

hold on 1-2 days so i can make official topic, more organized, don't make any tourney yet, this was more like information
i'll inform u as soon as everything is ready
ty
and guys i see u've wrote a lot of suggestions here and i'll take care about them all
and about irl awards, i'll see is anybody willing to do this, i'll probably find somebody

Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by PimpinEveryNubInSlifer Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Normally the host offers the prize, shows dedication :u
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer