Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups

+30
BladeNB
Megaz0rd
Sevencolors
kirito
Judgment Master
Lryuzaki13
metsrule97
Mofa_D
Ehhh13
{Yeo}baller1
Wiimoo123
Muad'dib
loki
Fangirl
Magician of Dark Magic
(DeathNote)DiedTwice
Almighty Yeezus
Ciphermask
Ephemeral
Liquidkills
wring
Dragonbornlet
MorphGuy1000
PLivingston
Gagaga Dark Law
P94Luger
JewDoo
Lusterine
SorenX
RekonZero
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Empty | VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups

Post by RekonZero Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Hellooooo all you beautiful people out there, my name is RekonZero and i'm trowing at you guys another fun theme'd event that was highly requested upon last format and i hope even more so this format. Yes, I am talking about "The Battle Of The Gods!" This event will be like no other as it features fictional cards and team based game play. Let me give a short explanation of the event.

| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Poseid10| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Zeus10| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Hades10| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Create10

These are the 4 gods in which this event will center around. Each Demi-god will pick a parent to be guided under. Which ever parent you pick, will be the card you receive. You have only these 4 choices in this event, no other greek god will be accepted.

Zues, God of the Sky.   (Ra)
ATK: 4000 DEF: 3000
Effect: "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 Thunder Monsters from your graveyard. When this card is summoned, special summon 2 level 4 or lower thunder type monsters from your deck. Once per turn, you can discard one card from your hand to destroy one card on the field."

Poseidon, God of the Sea.    (Obelisk)
ATK: 3000 DEF: 3500
Effect: "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 Water Monsters from your graveyard. Once per turn you can target and destroy one monster on your opponents side of the field and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monsters original attack. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent, add 1 water monster from your deck to your hand."

Hades, God of the Dead.      (Slifer)
ATK: 3750 DEF: 2500
Effect: "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 Dark Monsters from your graveyard. When this card is summoned you can add one level 4 or lower dark monsters from your deck or graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, during either players turn, when a trap card or spell card is activated you can discard 1 monster card to negate and destroy that card."

Hera, Goddess of the Light.      (Horakhty)
ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000
Effect: "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 Light Monsters from your graveyard. When this card is summoned you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower light monster from your deck or graveyard. Once per turn this card cannot be destroyed. when this card is sent to the graveyard, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each light monster in your graveyard."

Each parent's card will be represented in your deck by the god card provided beside it. Now not everyone will get there requested parent. If the teams become uneven then we will be forced to place you in another godly house and you will participate under that parent. We apologize in advance but this rule must be enforced to keep the games fair.

Now on to the event itself. After everyone has picked there godly parent and these sign ups are over, each team will be asked that they make a deck following the January 2014 format that also includes there godly parents card in it. You may only have 1 copy of said card. Any more then one and you will receive a auto loss for the games. 

As i'm sure you can tell by now, i keep saying games in stead of event or tournament. You see this is going to be a slightly different event. This event is going to be wrapped around a number of smaller events. Back in the greek days, they used to have these things called "War games" Where each house represented by a godly parent would face up against each other in these so called war games. this often helped train the members for what was to come in real battle.

The games them self will be announced after these sign ups but at least you now know what your getting yourself into before you sign up. I wish you all good luck on your future endeavors.

Please use this format to register yourself for this event:
Code:
VDA Name:
Godly Parent:
DN Name:
Time Zone:

RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

DA Record : 14-1-2
SA Record : 0-0-2

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com

Back to top Go down

| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Empty Re: | VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups

Post by RekonZero Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 pm

VDA Name: RekonZero
Godly Parent: Poseidon, God of the Sea
DN Name: RekonZero
Time Zone: -5
RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

| VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups Empty Re: | VDA | Battle of the Gods Sign Ups

Post by SorenX Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 pm

VDA Name: SorenX
Godly Parent:Poseidon, God of the Sea
DN Name: Soren
Time Zone:Asia eastern (Colombo)

Last edited by SorenX on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot DN name)
SorenX
SorenX

DA Record : 30-0-10
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lusterine Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:28 pm

VDA Name: luster_ninja
Godly Parent: Zeus, god of the sky
DN Name: sasuke2320
Time Zone: London timezone
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by JewDoo Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 pm

VDA Name: JudgmentDuelist
Godly Parent: Hera <3
DN Name: JudgementDuelist
Time Zone: +1
Yep, I decided to participate, too Very Happy
JewDoo

DA Record : 7-0-2

http://judgmentbringer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by P94Luger Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm

VDA Name: The_Meepster
Godly Parent: Hera
DN Name: xdeathseeker187x / (Pokemon) Kyogre
Time Zone: pacific

Last edited by The_Meepster on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
P94Luger
P94Luger

DA Record : 2-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gagaga Dark Law Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm

VDA Name: Sean_Drew
Godly Parent: Hades, God of the Dead
DN Name: Sean_Drew
Time Zone: Eastern
Gagaga Dark Law
Gagaga Dark Law

DA Record : 1-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:59 pm

VDA Name: PLivingston
Godly Parent: Poseidon
DN Name: PLivingston
Time Zone: Maryland time zone (bad with geography)
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by MorphGuy1000 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm

What's going to be the proxy card for each of the gods?
MorphGuy1000
MorphGuy1000

DA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonbornlet Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm

VDA:Dragonbornlet
Godly parent:hera
Dn name:Jumpin J0ey Wheeler
Time zone: Pacific northwest
Dragonbornlet
Dragonbornlet

DA Record : 2-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by wring Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:46 pm

VDA Name: wring__
Godly Parent: Poseidon
DN Name: wring
Time Zone: GMT -6
wring
wring

DA Record : 10-0-2
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ephemeral Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

VDA Name: iAmFlam3ezZ
Godly Parent: Hades, God of the Underworld
DN Name: Down in Flames
Time Zone: EST
Ephemeral
Ephemeral

DA Record : 6-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciphermask Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Because we are using the god cards for proxies, can we specify which card art it is? Some people (for whatever reason) may wish to use the actual gods in their decks, so they may be D/Qed for running multiple "Greek God" cards, which they didn't intend to do. I propose that the original (or newer, which ever you prefer) art for the Egyptian Gods only be used as the proxies.
Ciphermask
Ciphermask

DA Record : 7-0-7

Back to top Go down

Post by Almighty Yeezus Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 am

I don't know, but i'm pretty sure if I was the one who made this tournament, I would use Tokens as the summon of the Gods. Am I correct, Rekon? If not, then you should really use that idea as the case for the summons.

- Yeezus
Almighty Yeezus
Almighty Yeezus

Back to top Go down

Post by (DeathNote)DiedTwice Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:14 am

VDA Name:(DeathNote)DiedTwice
Godly Parent:Hades,God of the dead
DN Name:(DeathNote)EvilAces
Time Zone:Eastern-Maryland

There should be an Ares,God of war because war games were orginaly made 4 The children of Ares.....Haades is Really a God in Greek timepeople ignored Hades cause he was a sign of bad luck...Hera Shouldnt be in it because Hera doesnt have kids....I'm Sorry but u guys were ill prepared 4 the greek games.

Next Time Study Greek History then make an Game about until then pls refrain from Stating things u have no idea about

-Death
(DeathNote)DiedTwice
(DeathNote)DiedTwice

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 am

Died, enjoy the game, also youre wrong, Hera had kids but not demi-gods. People didn't always ignore Hades. One culture even worshipped him. Ares was the god of war but War games were made for the children of ares and athena since both are gods/goddesses of war. Dont get snippy on a topic you know little about Razz
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Magician of Dark Magic Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 am

VDA Name: Magician of Dark Magic.
Dueling Network name: Dark7Mage.
Time Zone: Eastern
Godly Parent:Hera

I would pick Poseidon because he is my favorite but for type wise i choose Hera as my godly Parent.

Last edited by Magician of Dark Magic on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Magician of Dark Magic
Magician of Dark Magic

DA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 am

VDA Name: Fangirl
Godly Parent: Zeus
DN Name: #1 Fangirl
Time Zone: Pacific Standard
Fangirl
Fangirl

DA Record : 3-1-2
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by loki Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 am

VDA Name: loki
Godly Parent: Hades, God of the Dead.
DN Name: trickster here
Time Zone: Pacific
loki
loki

DA Record : 5-0-2

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:38 am

For all of you that are wondering, i put the god card that will be used as a proxy to the right of the description. also i know very much about greek/roman mythology so please do not try to discuss my choice for this event. I chose the gods that i did because they went well with popular deck types. Ares or athena would have been great choices but they would have been dead decks that went along with it. Thank you for your concern though. Keep registering!
RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muad'dib Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:37 am

VDA Name: Muad'dib
Godly Parent: Hades
DN Name: (B.Hunter)Spy
Time Zone: Central
Muad'dib
Muad'dib

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiimoo123 Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:00 am

This looks cool, but I don't play enough to take part. I might watch some of it though! And Zeus would be so good in hunder family or a watt deck.
Wiimoo123
Wiimoo123

Back to top Go down

Post by {Yeo}baller1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 pm

VDA Name: {Yeo}baller1
Godly Parent: Hera, Goddess of the Light
DN Name: {Yeo}baller1
Time Zone: Midwest (USA)
{Yeo}baller1
{Yeo}baller1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next