Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

+19
KameronEX
Pride
MorphGuy1000
Rainmaker
maxenceaugier
Mani
c0rvus
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
Wrath
wring
Nephilim
ThunderChidori
RekonZero
Entr0py
PLivingston
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
Ryuk
Black Rose Dragon
Fluff Fluff
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 2 Empty VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by Fluff Fluff Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

After many preparations and talk about this over staff forum and chatbox, the VDA staff is very happy to bring a new event to VDA. This event is a chance to prove yourself. A chance to show that you have what it takes to face the best of the best. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the VDA league.

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 2 Vda_le10

So what is the VDA league?

The VDA league is a challenge available to the members of VDA. We have 8 gym leaders currently that you can face and each one has their own badge. If one completes the VDA league and has obtained the 8 badges, we will award them 2000 DP, an honorary title on the VDA league hall of fame, and an opportunity to be on the VDA league for themselves. The opportunity will be to challenge one of the VDA league in a full scale match 1v1 with the gym leader title on the line. If the leader loses, they hand over their title to the victor.

Who is in the VDA league?

Our current ranking system for the VDA league is as follows:

8th gym leader: Maxenceaugier
7th gym leader: Gabriel
6th gym leader: Wring
5th gym leader: ThunderChidori
4th gym leader: Nephilim
3rd gym leader: Rainmaker
2nd gym leader: Morphguy1000
1st gym leader: RekonZero

Note: Gym leaders inactive for an extended period of time without excuse may be removed from the VDA league. Just because you're Xth gym leader doesn't mean you're better/worse than any other ._.

How do I challenge them?

Simply start with facing a gym leader of your choice. When you defeat them you will be awarded their badge. Each gym leader uses their own unique deck so be prepared for a variety of challenges.

What if they're not online?

If the person you are looking for is not online (due to timezone issues or otherwise) just send them a private message and setup a time to duel.

What will the format of the matches be?

The duels will be standard 2/3 TCG format match. The deck you use to challenge the VDA league must remain the same throughout the entire challenge. Likewise, the VDA gym leaders will also be locked decks. The current banlist for decks on both sides is as follows;

-All Artifact cards
-Ice/Fire Hand
-LS Rulers
-Geargias
-and Alt win condition/burn

What happens if I lose a match?

Your amount of badges will still be kept intact. You don't have to start from the beginning again. The journey will not be easy regardless, though. If you lose a match you are still locked in your deck for the league challenge.

What if I want to change decks?

If you feel that your deck just isn't cutting it in the current league challenge, you may relinquish your progress in the league and start over. This means that you would forfeit all badges you currently own and start fresh with a new deck. Note: progress will not be recovered from previous attempts. If you start over with another deck, your old progress is lost for good. You MUST have at least 3 badges to do this and you may only do it once. Decks for leaders ONLY may be changed under 2 circumstances:

-Current deck they're using gets wrecked by banlist
-New stuff is released to TCG. On this one, it'll only be allowed every major pack release.

What do I do if I win a match?

Provide a screenshot of you defeating the gym leader in question and you'll be awarded the badge. Then you can move onto the next gym. Gym leaders should also post what duels they win.

So what is the point of this thread? This thread is to seek people of VDA who wish to apply for spots on the VDA league for themselves. We are strict about who gets on the league, though. We are looking for people who meet the following requirements;

1. Must be an active member of VDA.
2. Must be disigma red level or higher.
3. Must be approved by a committee to deem if they're skilled at dueling enough.

We'll be reviewing those who apply to be gym leaders and we'll post on here those who make it. If you wish to apply, simply say so below and we'll review it over. Remember, you MUST meet the first two criteria above to apply in the first place.

Any other questions feel free to address to myself via PM. Let's not spam this up.

We'll be awaiting your challenge at the VDA league once our gym leader roster is complete,

P.S. This has nothing to do with Pokemon whatsoever
(wrath)
~Fluff Fluff

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 am; edited 8 times in total
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 2 Empty Re: VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:30 pm

LS Rulers are a dumb deck u can open so broke sometimes and its so sauto play to much luck based in it to be let play .

Guy placed 2nd place EU WQ with them so i think its reasoned enough.

Geargias Is debatable.

As for your sign up, INcrease in activity + no one has see u duel but Fluff so do all that stuff and il consider
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

DA Record : 22-0-0
SA Record : 4-0-3

Back to top Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 2 Empty Re: VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by Rainmaker Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:33 pm

LS Rulers topped that oen time. At the North America WCQ there was exactly 1 LS deck that made it into top 64, everyone else was out and that despite it beeing the most played deck next to (F.)H.A.T.
I understand the hit, though and I'd rather have it than not have it.

Geargia was hit too hard to do crap. They lost their ability to consistently go through with their powerplays and need a lot more set-up. Even though the hit wasn't official at NAWCQ they only made it to top 64, too.

As far as increase in activity: I am on DN plenty of time, you can always catch me there. Also, Rose has seen me duel, Sasukat has, Kyonaru has etc.
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm

*bump* pls more good people apply for this p_p
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by MorphGuy1000 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 pm

I'll be a Gym Leader...playing my signature deck ofc (X-Saber).

The build can change, correct (i.e. depending on the format)? Only the strategy has to stay locked...amiright?
MorphGuy1000
MorphGuy1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:55 pm

if your in the DNF war scene its flooded with geargia and HAT... still
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 pm

sabesr as a badge would be interesting.

Ur activity is questionable
Disigma Red so u pass that criteria

For me its a Fine as long as u ge t a bit more active and Flufftard and fgtkingmax agrreee
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Gabriel wrote:sabesr as a badge would be interesting.

Ur activity is questionable
Disigma Red so u pass that criteria

For me its a Fine as long as u ge t a bit more active and Flufftard and fgtkingmax agrreee

I'm fine with it. We need people anyway. There's few active disigma tbh. We need Flame, Cipher and Jack in on this ;-;
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Wasn't I on the list? >.>
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:19 pm

PLivingston wrote:Wasn't I on the list? >.>

Gabe said that you weren't disgma so he kicked you out cos he's a skool >.> imo I think you should still be on it because from what I've seen you're a good duelist regardless and our active disgma base is kinda low. I'll leave it up to Gabe though. Exceptions can be made if we agree on em.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
PLivingston wrote:Wasn't I on the list? >.>

Gabe said that you weren't disgma so he kicked you out cos he's a skool >.> imo I think you should still be on it because from what I've seen you're a good duelist regardless and our active disgma base is kinda low. I'll leave it up to Gabe though. Exceptions can be made if we agree on em.

Thanks for the compliment, if you guys need more people I'll join >.> I'm staff anyways so...
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 pm

hey i have been on every day for the past couple days now XD
RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

DA Record : 14-1-2
SA Record : 0-0-2

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 pm

livingston is bad so he shouldn't be in it Razz
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 am

ThunderChidori wrote:livingston is bad so he shouldn't be in it Razz

Is this supposed to be funny? Evil or Very Mad 
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:52 am

PLivingston wrote:
ThunderChidori wrote:livingston is bad so he shouldn't be in it Razz

Is this supposed to be funny? Evil or Very Mad 

no...
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori

Back to top Go down

Post by maxenceaugier Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 am

I say okyy for morphyyy, just sayin'
maxenceaugier
maxenceaugier

DA Record : 2-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 am

Kk so morph approved for Gym Leader Fluffy add hims
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I'm fine with it. We need people anyway. There's few active disigma tbh. We need Flame, Cipher and Jack in on this ;-;

Jack is prism green, not digisma red...
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11
SA Record : 1-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 am

SuPdEsUp wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

Jack is prism green, not digisma red...

Jack is an exception I'd make tbh. Great duelist and is one of the most active here.

Regardless, Morph has been added. If we're all in agreeance, we've got 7 gym leaders at the moment. I added Rain down only because I know he can be active if he wants and he is a good duelist (proved it well back at ODA). If Gabe or Max have an issue with it, inform me.

One more duelist for this pls. *cough* Flame sign up you fgt *cough*
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:05 pm

**waves beautiful hand**

I could help if you'd like.

As long as the challenger would set up a time with me, I could get on and such.

And Pssshhh, everyone knows that the 1st Gym Leader is everyone's favorite, sooo...  That's why I should get it.  Wink
Pride
Pride

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm

why not reccomend me?  Sad 
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11
SA Record : 1-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 pm

See me and jack have the same issue. We never needed to retest because we were made staff from being prism green. Therefore we have strived in dueling skills but aren't ranked accordingly. I reccomend jack as well!
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm

How is beeing staff a reason not to try to achieve the highest dorm? Either all you care about is the colour of your name or you just don't have the skill.

Fluff, you should get all Leaders to give you the deck they are going to play, so there aren't too many varieties. Also, all decks should somewhat resemble a classic Pokemon Arena, regarding that it is the concept this is build upon.
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilim Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Rainmaker wrote:Fluff, you should get all Leaders to give you the deck they are going to play, so there aren't too many varieties. Also, all decks should somewhat resemble a classic Pokemon Arena, regarding that it is the concept this is build upon.

I agree with this. I dibs Dragons. I'll have the Ruler Badge!
Nephilim
Nephilim

DA Record : 0-0-1
SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Rainmaker wrote:Fluff, you should get all Leaders to give you the deck they are going to play, so there aren't too many varieties. Also, all decks should somewhat resemble a classic Pokemon Arena, regarding that it is the concept this is build upon.

Once we get all 8 gym leaders settled I'm going to send out a mass PM message to all of the leaders and update them on what decks have been requested by others. It'll be a first come first serve thing so those who pm me first get the deck they want.

SuPdEsUp wrote:why not reccomend me?  Sad 

No.

Pride wrote:**waves beautiful hand**

I could help if you'd like.

As long as the challenger would set up a time with me, I could get on and such.

And Pssshhh, everyone knows that the 1st Gym Leader is everyone's favorite, sooo...  That's why I should get it.  Wink

You're not even disigma and the only deck I've ever seen you play good is burn oriented p_p
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

I also do recommend to actually make the leaders' decks an actual archtype and not something like Dragon Rulers, which are just four splashable cards.

Last edited by Rainmaker on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next