Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

+19
KameronEX
Pride
MorphGuy1000
Rainmaker
maxenceaugier
Mani
c0rvus
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
Wrath
wring
Nephilim
ThunderChidori
RekonZero
Entr0py
PLivingston
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
Ryuk
Black Rose Dragon
Fluff Fluff
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 3 Empty VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by Fluff Fluff Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

After many preparations and talk about this over staff forum and chatbox, the VDA staff is very happy to bring a new event to VDA. This event is a chance to prove yourself. A chance to show that you have what it takes to face the best of the best. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the VDA league.

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 3 Vda_le10

So what is the VDA league?

The VDA league is a challenge available to the members of VDA. We have 8 gym leaders currently that you can face and each one has their own badge. If one completes the VDA league and has obtained the 8 badges, we will award them 2000 DP, an honorary title on the VDA league hall of fame, and an opportunity to be on the VDA league for themselves. The opportunity will be to challenge one of the VDA league in a full scale match 1v1 with the gym leader title on the line. If the leader loses, they hand over their title to the victor.

Who is in the VDA league?

Our current ranking system for the VDA league is as follows:

8th gym leader: Maxenceaugier
7th gym leader: Gabriel
6th gym leader: Wring
5th gym leader: ThunderChidori
4th gym leader: Nephilim
3rd gym leader: Rainmaker
2nd gym leader: Morphguy1000
1st gym leader: RekonZero

Note: Gym leaders inactive for an extended period of time without excuse may be removed from the VDA league. Just because you're Xth gym leader doesn't mean you're better/worse than any other ._.

How do I challenge them?

Simply start with facing a gym leader of your choice. When you defeat them you will be awarded their badge. Each gym leader uses their own unique deck so be prepared for a variety of challenges.

What if they're not online?

If the person you are looking for is not online (due to timezone issues or otherwise) just send them a private message and setup a time to duel.

What will the format of the matches be?

The duels will be standard 2/3 TCG format match. The deck you use to challenge the VDA league must remain the same throughout the entire challenge. Likewise, the VDA gym leaders will also be locked decks. The current banlist for decks on both sides is as follows;

-All Artifact cards
-Ice/Fire Hand
-LS Rulers
-Geargias
-and Alt win condition/burn

What happens if I lose a match?

Your amount of badges will still be kept intact. You don't have to start from the beginning again. The journey will not be easy regardless, though. If you lose a match you are still locked in your deck for the league challenge.

What if I want to change decks?

If you feel that your deck just isn't cutting it in the current league challenge, you may relinquish your progress in the league and start over. This means that you would forfeit all badges you currently own and start fresh with a new deck. Note: progress will not be recovered from previous attempts. If you start over with another deck, your old progress is lost for good. You MUST have at least 3 badges to do this and you may only do it once. Decks for leaders ONLY may be changed under 2 circumstances:

-Current deck they're using gets wrecked by banlist
-New stuff is released to TCG. On this one, it'll only be allowed every major pack release.

What do I do if I win a match?

Provide a screenshot of you defeating the gym leader in question and you'll be awarded the badge. Then you can move onto the next gym. Gym leaders should also post what duels they win.

So what is the point of this thread? This thread is to seek people of VDA who wish to apply for spots on the VDA league for themselves. We are strict about who gets on the league, though. We are looking for people who meet the following requirements;

1. Must be an active member of VDA.
2. Must be disigma red level or higher.
3. Must be approved by a committee to deem if they're skilled at dueling enough.

We'll be reviewing those who apply to be gym leaders and we'll post on here those who make it. If you wish to apply, simply say so below and we'll review it over. Remember, you MUST meet the first two criteria above to apply in the first place.

Any other questions feel free to address to myself via PM. Let's not spam this up.

We'll be awaiting your challenge at the VDA league once our gym leader roster is complete,

P.S. This has nothing to do with Pokemon whatsoever
(wrath)
~Fluff Fluff

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 am; edited 8 times in total
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 3 Empty Re: VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by Pride Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
**waves beautiful hand**

I could help if you'd like.

As long as the challenger would set up a time with me, I could get on and such.

And Pssshhh, everyone knows that the 1st Gym Leader is everyone's favorite, sooo...  That's why I should get it.  Wink

You're not even disigma and the only deck I've ever seen you play good is burn oriented p_p

D;<  What the heck, you've seen me play Chronomalies, Gimmicks, Heraldics, Watts, and Ancient Gear!  And I tested with Trains!!  Haha!

RainmakerI also do recommend to actually make the leaders' decks an actual archtype and not something like Dragon Rulers, which are just for splashable cards. 

I would agree with this too.  I kinda think a person would want to make their type reaaally clear though.  But, that should be too hard.  Fish for water, plant for grass, etc..
Pride
Pride

SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups  - Page 3 Empty Re: VDA League; Gym leader sign-ups

Post by Rainmaker Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Not like that. By archtype, I actually meant archtype. Not just saying "oh, I'm going to play WATER" and you just splash every water type shit into there. More like saying "I'm playing Mermail" or Fire Fist or Fire Kings. A real archtype, you know? Not some thrown together crap like HAT (which is banned, I know) or Dragon Rulers
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:08 pm

I haven't seen you use them personally, and either way they'd be pushover decks for a gym leader. We're also not going off of types. You misunderstand. Each gym leader is choosing their own archtype to represent their gym; not a type as in pokemon. Dragon Rulers I feel could be used in this and considered their own deck. Like, if you're running Mythic Rulers I see that as tolerable. While yes they are splashable you usually don't see more than 1 per deck half the time aside from an actual Ruler based deck.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:I haven't seen you use them personally, and either way they'd be pushover decks for a gym leader. We're also not going off of types. You misunderstand. Each gym leader is choosing their own archtype to represent their gym; not a type as in pokemon. Dragon Rulers I feel could be used in this and considered their own deck. Like, if you're running Mythic Rulers I see that as tolerable. While yes they are splashable you usually don't see more than 1 per deck half the time aside from an actual Ruler based deck.

;P  Yes, I understand now.  Thank you sooo for clarifying you two!!  **Look**

And I suppose that's fair enough for you not seeing me use them.  Sorry.
Pride
Pride

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:15 pm

I am not saying we should bann the four Dragon Rulers. I am saying we should bann decks that are just a conglomerate of crap. Like the Mythic Ruler deck, which is just a bunch of Dragons that have nothing to do with each other, stacked upon another to form a deck. If you use stuff as the Rulers as support, fine. But the main engine should be one Archtype only.
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:36 pm

i still wanna be 1st gym leader with the bujin badge if bujins arent taken yet
RekonZero
RekonZero
Owner
Owner

DA Record : 14-1-2
SA Record : 0-0-2

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm

RekonZero wrote:i still wanna be 1st gym leader with the bujin badge if bujins arent taken yet

If your activity improves I'm k with it. I mean you are the owner of this place so I think it'd be only fair. I'll leave the final decision up to Gabe and Max, tho.

Rainmaker wrote:I am not saying we should bann the four Dragon Rulers. I am saying we should bann decks that are just a conglomerate of crap. Like the Mythic Ruler deck, which is just a bunch of Dragons that have nothing to do with each other, stacked upon another to form a deck. If you use stuff as the Rulers as support, fine. But the main engine should be one Archtype only.

While I can see where you're coming from, I'm still uncertain. Like the Mythic Rulers can be classified as a dragon deck and even though that's not an archtype I still think that it could be a theme for a gym. I do think that we should keep it archtype strict though. It'd make a lot more sense in terms of gym themes. If I totally rule it out then Neph senpei will whip me >.>
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by maxenceaugier Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Rekon, honestly, I dont mind you being gym leader, but like fl0f-sama said, you need to be more active, but yeah, you the owner, not gonna tell you to gtfo xDD
But dont play bujins bro tho, if you do, imma tell everyone to side 3 light imprisoning mirror cuz bujin not cool :3
maxenceaugier
maxenceaugier

DA Record : 2-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:While I can see where you're coming from, I'm still uncertain. Like the Mythic Rulers can be classified as a dragon deck and even though that's not an archtype I still think that it could be a theme for a gym. I do think that we should keep it archtype strict though. It'd make a lot more sense in terms of gym themes. If I totally rule it out then Neph senpei will whip me >.>

It certainly is a Dragon Deck, just not an Archtype. I just feel like it would make the idea more consistent within itself. You like when you get whipped, so what is stopping you?
Rainmaker
Rainmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by KameronEX Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm gonna be hazy flame gym leader: The fyaa badge
KameronEX
KameronEX

DA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

KameronEX wrote:I'm gonna be hazy flame gym leader: The fyaa badge

You need to be Disigma level or higher + active

Rainmaker wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:While I can see where you're coming from, I'm still uncertain. Like the Mythic Rulers can be classified as a dragon deck and even though that's not an archtype I still think that it could be a theme for a gym. I do think that we should keep it archtype strict though. It'd make a lot more sense in terms of gym themes. If I totally rule it out then Neph senpei will whip me >.>

It certainly is a Dragon Deck, just not an Archtype. I just feel like it would make the idea more consistent within itself. You like when you get whipped, so what is stopping you?

Well as much as I love being whipped, my scars are still trying to heal from the last session :c
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilim Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:16 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:I haven't seen you use them personally, and either way they'd be pushover decks for a gym leader. We're also not going off of types. You misunderstand. Each gym leader is choosing their own archtype to represent their gym; not a type as in pokemon. Dragon Rulers I feel could be used in this and considered their own deck. Like, if you're running Mythic Rulers I see that as tolerable. While yes they are splashable you usually don't see more than 1 per deck half the time aside from an actual Ruler based deck.

Yeah see my mythic rulers are just Dragon rulers with a draw engine. They rely on the dragon rulers most so the deck revolves around the Dragon Rulers. So that's why i picked the Ruler Badge for me.
Nephilim
Nephilim

DA Record : 0-0-1
SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by wring Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 am

Gi e me the cascade badge caus ill be swanging mermails
wring
wring

DA Record : 10-0-2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:19 am

Rekon same as max i mean im cool with u being leader but seriously Up el activty then XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

DA Record : 22-0-0
SA Record : 4-0-3

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 am

also on jack hes pretty decent but he only plays rubbish decks Skill wise hes disigma level IMO but his choice of decks T_T
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 am

Gabriel wrote:Rekon same as max i mean im cool with u being leader but seriously Up el activty then XD

Kk well since Rekon is in, that makes 8. I'm going to send a mass pm to all of the gym leaders about their decks. I'll go off of the comments as far as I see but aside from that I'll keep you all updated on who picks what.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Boyz Monster Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:21 pm

testing
D-Boyz Monster
D-Boyz Monster

DA Record : 15-0-9

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyGloves Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 am

Well, I would've loved to be in this, but oh well lol
RustyGloves
RustyGloves

DA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Boyzachu100 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 am

Gabriel wrote:also on jack hes pretty decent but he only plays rubbish decks Skill wise hes disigma level IMO but his choice of decks T_T

You what m8, bashing on me because I don't play tier 1 decks. ...
D-Boyzachu100
D-Boyzachu100

DA Record : 10-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:51 am

"IMO hes disigma level" thats not bashing u m8 im bashing ur choice of decks XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevencolors Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 am

rekon is the firsy leader..... good lucky getting your first badge then cause he is never on T^T
Sevencolors
Sevencolors

DA Record : 5-0-0
SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am

if he gets inactive again il just kick him and get a new leader since the rules apply this way XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

Gabriel wrote:"IMO hes disigma level" thats not bashing u m8 im bashing ur choice of decks XD

That awkward moment when Gabe says 2 completely different things >.>
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com/t3297-the-official-vda-league-thread#47258

Sign ups are complete and the league is ready. Proceed to the thread above to begin the VDA league challenge. Someone lock this.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3