Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

+19
RustyGloves
Sevencolors
ab9999
Megaz0rd
Ryuk
Ephemeral
Carly
Lusterine
Fangirl
D-Boyzachu100
Grimlock
NmbrHntr
Nephilim
Mani
PLivingston
Hero
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
sasukat
Fluff Fluff
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. - Page 3 Empty The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

The staff and I have been talking about hosting a massive tournament as of recent, and here we are. The first real tournament VDA has had in awhile. With special rules and game play that'll be more interesting than most other tournaments, I bring you the Elemental Tournament!

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. - Page 3 Elemen10

So here are the rules that will be administered throughout this tournament;

1. Decks will be restricted to a single element. This means that your MAIN DECK, SIDE DECK, AND EXTRA DECK can only consist of monsters that have one element in common. (Ex: If you're joining the Fire team, all of your monsters in all three decks must be Fire attribute.) Originality is encouraged here. Please try not to run the same deck as somebody else on your team. we don't want 6 fucking Scrap decks running around. Decks are locked.

2. The use of Light/Dark monsters are not allowed, as they are not elements and they never will be. Yes, this means no Light/Dark monsters in the extra deck such as Big Eye. Yes, I hate to break it to you, but Shaddolls will not be in this tournament. If any use of Light/Dark monsters are seen/used within a match, that match does not count and the loss goes to whoever used the mentioned Light/Dark cards.

3. The tournament is TCG/OCG legal. There are a select few number of decks that I've deemed overpowered and overplayed. Thus, the following decks will be banned from use in this tournament: Qliphorts, Geargia, Madolche, Mermails, and Fire Fist. The use of any of these cards are not allowed. No, you can't run Geargiagear in your Karakuri deck. The use of alternate win conditions (burn/Exodia/stall) are also banned.

4. All duels will be in match format. There is no specific tournament tree or anything, so you may freely go out and duel whoever your three other element opponents are on your own time. Please refrain from killing off your own team. That'd be unfortunate.

5. At the end of the tournament, if the winning team has more than one member still intact, the remaining members can duel among each other until one is left. That sole victor will receive a special prize from myself (we'll think about this rule once the time comes).

6. Single hearts. You lose, you're out. After that, you're out of the tournament and we offer you as a sacrifice to Trent.

7. To join, you will select your deck and that will determine which team you reside on. If you're planning on using Fire Kings, then you're on the Fire team. Team rosters will be kept track of on this thread and will be updated as more people join.

8. Please refrain from any trash talking in duels. Let's try to keep this a friendly tournament and not an overly competitive one where you insult another person for their deck choice.

9. No use of "Barrier Statue" cards. For the rules we're playing this it would be overkill to have one of these in your deck. With the right cards you can keep these alive and lock out your opponent. The tournament isn't going to be about summoning a statue on first turn and keeping it alive with Safe Zone. They're banned.

10. Trap monsters are prohibited if they conflict with your deck. (Ex: If you have a Metal Reflect Slime in a Fire based deck, it's conflicting attributes.) Trap monsters can only be used if they match up with the attribute of which you're dueling for. This means that Embodiment of Apophis can only be used in Earth decks.

Hopefully this seems simplistic enough that nobody will screw it up. Just mark down what deck you'll be using and what team you'll be on. Again, try to make it different from your teammates.
And please for the love of god, don't join if you KNOW you're going to be inactive for this. I'd rather not have to kick people off the roster after a couple days.

Team Wind: [CLOSED]
Gabriel - HIV/AIDS/Herpes
Sevencolors - Gusto
RustyGloves - Mecha Phantom Beasts
Entr0py - Mist Valley
Sean_Drew - Armed Dragons/Dragunity's

Team Fire: [CLOSED]
Nephilim - Evols
jackachu - Jurracs
PL - Blaze
Ryuk - Fire Kings
Dark Angel - Battlin' Boxers meta 2015 tier -1 ftk/otk stun deck

Team Water: [CLOSED]
Sasukat - Sharks
Hero - Water Heros
Grimlock - Gishki
ab9999 - Ice Barriers
fl0f - Cloudian turbo meta tier 0 2014 toaster otk

Team Earth: [CLOSED]
Nmbr - Raccoons
Fangirl - Heavy Sams
Missy - Psychic
Ephemeral - Traptrix
Megaz0rd - Rock Stun

Good luck to all who sign up. The tournament begins October 10th. Ready yourselves for then.

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 15 times in total
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by Entr0py Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 pm

sigh, all the other elements are gone... Would still like to enter...

Team WIND! Just in time for Fall...
Entr0py - Mist Valley
Entr0py
Entr0py

SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by PLivingston Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:21 pm

So dandelion is banned
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:26 pm

PLivingston wrote:So dandelion is banned

Yea basically. If a card produces a token that is a different attribute than your team, you can't use it. Apply that to every other card you come across like it.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:49 pm

So Dandelion's Fluff Tokens are banned? I find it ironic Fluff banned dandelion's FLUFF tokens lol Razz

Anyway are cards that change your attribute banned as well?
Carly
Carly

DA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gagaga Dark Law Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm

why not...
Sean_Drew - Armed Dragons/Dragunity

Last edited by Sean_Drew on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gagaga Dark Law
Gagaga Dark Law

DA Record : 1-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Missy wrote:So Dandelion's Fluff Tokens are banned? I find it ironic Fluff banned dandelion's FLUFF tokens lol Razz

Anyway are cards that change your attribute banned as well?

If by that you mean DNA Transplant, then no. I have no grudges against them. If you wanna convert to the dark side, or in your case the water side, power to ya.

Sean_Drew wrote:why not...
Sean_Drew - Armed Dragons

Good. That makes a FULL roster for each team. Sign ups are now officially closed. I'll get together a general consensus on members and see who is ready and who is not. If it be, we can start this thing early.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

this tourney is gonna fail
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11
SA Record : 1-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuk Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm

If u guyz want i can record the games.........
Idk why i want to do it but it might be fun and we can get something for the vylon youtube thing u fkrs , gotta post some things there the thing is that u guys have to be ok with it and tell me the hour of the duel or something like that
idk just something i might think its fun
Ryuk
Ryuk

DA Record : 2-0-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Ryuk wrote:If u guyz want i can record the games.........
Idk why i want to do it but it might be fun and we can get something for the vylon youtube thing u fkrs , gotta post some things there the thing is that u guys have to be ok with it and tell me the hour of the duel or something like that

If you wanna take the time to do so, it'd be appreciated. It'd give us something neat to post. If you wanna record individual games and even do commentary, go for it. Anything is greatly encouraged.

SuPdEsUp wrote:this tourney is gonna fail

If I wanted your words of enlightenment, I'd ask for them. Otherwise I could truthfully care less about you or your opinion.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuk Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:

If you wanna take the time to do so, it'd be appreciated. It'd give us something neat to post. If you wanna record individual games and even do commentary, go for it. Anything is greatly encouraged.

K So ill do et , and if you guys want i can get a replay of the game and have like both teams oppinions and reasons of playing like they did in that game or something like that
Something fun .-. if you guys want
Ryuk
Ryuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Ryuk wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

K So ill do et , and if you guys want i can get a replay of the game and have like both teams oppinions and reasons of playing like they did in that game or something like that
Something fun .-. if you guys want

We could even do it on skype chat too. It'd make for an entertaining segment. Discussion videos and what not
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Gagaga Dark Law Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Please only write positive comments here, thank you.
Gagaga Dark Law
Gagaga Dark Law

DA Record : 1-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Sean_Drew wrote:
Please only write positive comments here, thank you.

other people write shit, there is shit in cb, shit in posts, shit in PM's... and when I say something I think that will happen you have a go at me wtf
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlock Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Seeing as Thiers a whole week left before this starts I think signups should stay open iinvade anyone else wants to join.

Also ryuk a lot of duels may take place when or offline
Grimlock
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuk Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:Seeing as Thiers a whole week left before this starts I think signups should stay open iinvade anyone else wants to join.

Ik but like if im online or something i can get it , if both of them want , ill record it and then later i can get both of the players to rewatch it and say why they played like they did , or i can just get them to skype and live the Duel , ik i wont get all of them but the ones i can see will get a video
Ryuk
Ryuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:Seeing as Thiers a whole week left before this starts I think signups should stay open iinvade anyone else wants to join.

I'm getting a tally of who is ready and who is not. If it comes to it, I may even start it this weekend. I'm seeing who all is ready tho. This is actually pretty perfect tbh since we have an even split among teams
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:31 am

Everyone is ready just start it Friday yea XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

DA Record : 22-0-0
SA Record : 4-0-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Alright. Then if its cool with everyone here, I'll start up this shit on Friday (tomorrow). Make sure your decks are ready for then. I may be a little busy on Friday so I'll at least try to get the tournament opened in the morning so you guys can go at it.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by sasukat Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 pm

lol smash bros comes out friday good luck getting me to duel :3
sasukat
sasukat

DA Record : 3-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Sasukat wrote:lol smash bros comes out friday good luck getting me to duel :3

But we need you to carry the water team Sasu Senpei :c

Fine I'll just run 40 Cloudian Smoke Balls and get my shit fucked so you'll have to come on and make up for my loss
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlock Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I won't be able to duel much Friday either XD
Grimlock
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:I won't be able to duel much Friday either XD

I can't either really. I have classes for half the day and then I'll probably be going out to an amusement park + to the movies. Idk yet though. I'll get the thread open up for everybody else to go at it. No sense in making them wait.

Edit: The tournament has started. Refer to this thread for posting winning screenshots and such:

http://www.vylonduelingacademy.com/t3555-the-elemental-tournament-has-begun#51091

Topic locked.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3