Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vylon Dueling Academy
Welcome to VDA! We have a great community here and we are currently expanding at a great rate! If you wish to join in on this great revolution, then please sign up. If you are an existing member, please log in.
Vylon Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

+19
RustyGloves
Sevencolors
ab9999
Megaz0rd
Ryuk
Ephemeral
Carly
Lusterine
Fangirl
D-Boyzachu100
Grimlock
NmbrHntr
Nephilim
Mani
PLivingston
Hero
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
sasukat
Fluff Fluff
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. Empty The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:28 am

The staff and I have been talking about hosting a massive tournament as of recent, and here we are. The first real tournament VDA has had in awhile. With special rules and game play that'll be more interesting than most other tournaments, I bring you the Elemental Tournament!

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. Elemen10

So here are the rules that will be administered throughout this tournament;

1. Decks will be restricted to a single element. This means that your MAIN DECK, SIDE DECK, AND EXTRA DECK can only consist of monsters that have one element in common. (Ex: If you're joining the Fire team, all of your monsters in all three decks must be Fire attribute.) Originality is encouraged here. Please try not to run the same deck as somebody else on your team. we don't want 6 fucking Scrap decks running around. Decks are locked.

2. The use of Light/Dark monsters are not allowed, as they are not elements and they never will be. Yes, this means no Light/Dark monsters in the extra deck such as Big Eye. Yes, I hate to break it to you, but Shaddolls will not be in this tournament. If any use of Light/Dark monsters are seen/used within a match, that match does not count and the loss goes to whoever used the mentioned Light/Dark cards.

3. The tournament is TCG/OCG legal. There are a select few number of decks that I've deemed overpowered and overplayed. Thus, the following decks will be banned from use in this tournament: Qliphorts, Geargia, Madolche, Mermails, and Fire Fist. The use of any of these cards are not allowed. No, you can't run Geargiagear in your Karakuri deck. The use of alternate win conditions (burn/Exodia/stall) are also banned.

4. All duels will be in match format. There is no specific tournament tree or anything, so you may freely go out and duel whoever your three other element opponents are on your own time. Please refrain from killing off your own team. That'd be unfortunate.

5. At the end of the tournament, if the winning team has more than one member still intact, the remaining members can duel among each other until one is left. That sole victor will receive a special prize from myself (we'll think about this rule once the time comes).

6. Single hearts. You lose, you're out. After that, you're out of the tournament and we offer you as a sacrifice to Trent.

7. To join, you will select your deck and that will determine which team you reside on. If you're planning on using Fire Kings, then you're on the Fire team. Team rosters will be kept track of on this thread and will be updated as more people join.

8. Please refrain from any trash talking in duels. Let's try to keep this a friendly tournament and not an overly competitive one where you insult another person for their deck choice.

9. No use of "Barrier Statue" cards. For the rules we're playing this it would be overkill to have one of these in your deck. With the right cards you can keep these alive and lock out your opponent. The tournament isn't going to be about summoning a statue on first turn and keeping it alive with Safe Zone. They're banned.

10. Trap monsters are prohibited if they conflict with your deck. (Ex: If you have a Metal Reflect Slime in a Fire based deck, it's conflicting attributes.) Trap monsters can only be used if they match up with the attribute of which you're dueling for. This means that Embodiment of Apophis can only be used in Earth decks.

Hopefully this seems simplistic enough that nobody will screw it up. Just mark down what deck you'll be using and what team you'll be on. Again, try to make it different from your teammates.
And please for the love of god, don't join if you KNOW you're going to be inactive for this. I'd rather not have to kick people off the roster after a couple days.

Team Wind: [CLOSED]
Gabriel - HIV/AIDS/Herpes
Sevencolors - Gusto
RustyGloves - Mecha Phantom Beasts
Entr0py - Mist Valley
Sean_Drew - Armed Dragons/Dragunity's

Team Fire: [CLOSED]
Nephilim - Evols
jackachu - Jurracs
PL - Blaze
Ryuk - Fire Kings
Dark Angel - Battlin' Boxers meta 2015 tier -1 ftk/otk stun deck

Team Water: [CLOSED]
Sasukat - Sharks
Hero - Water Heros
Grimlock - Gishki
ab9999 - Ice Barriers
fl0f - Cloudian turbo meta tier 0 2014 toaster otk

Team Earth: [CLOSED]
Nmbr - Raccoons
Fangirl - Heavy Sams
Missy - Psychic
Ephemeral - Traptrix
Megaz0rd - Rock Stun

Good luck to all who sign up. The tournament begins October 10th. Ready yourselves for then.

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 15 times in total
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

DA Record : 0-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-0

Back to top Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. Empty Re: The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by sasukat Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 am

Team Earth with Madolche, unless Fluff bans it (Which he should), in which case joining with Beasts I'll choose a different deck
sasukat
sasukat

DA Record : 3-0-0
SA Record : 1-0-1

Back to top Go down

The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED. Empty Re: The Elemental Tournament - SIGN UPS CLOSED.

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm going out on a limb after looking it over and going to say that Madolche is banned. For the type of tournament we're shooting for, I can see way too much shit going down due to this deck. I faintly remember the last time I held this tournament that it caused a bit of hell p_p
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by sasukat Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:59 pm

In that case, team water with Sharks
sasukat
sasukat

DA Record : 3-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Joining Team wind with AIDS wait..... no i meant HIV.... WAIT NOT them um HERPIES yea thats the ones XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
AdamTheTopGunDemamp

DA Record : 22-0-0
SA Record : 4-0-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:08 pm

I would like to join with my awesome water Hero creation. Yes, thats right you heard correct. Water Heros. Calm down, folks, I cant give autographs yet until I win this. And before you ask, yes its T1. Maybe even T0.
Hero
Hero

DA Record : 0-0-1
SA Record : 0-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Hero wrote:I would like to join with my awesome water Hero creation. Yes, thats right you heard correct. Water Heros. Calm down, folks, I cant give autographs yet until I win this. And before you ask, yes its T1. Maybe even T0.

Can you send me the deck list? It is required that you use PURE water in the side deck, main deck, and extra deck when applying for the water team.
PLivingston
PLivingston

DA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Fluff Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:16 pm

PLivingston wrote:
Hero wrote:I would like to join with my awesome water Hero creation. Yes, thats right you heard correct. Water Heros. Calm down, folks, I cant give autographs yet until I win this. And before you ask, yes its T1. Maybe even T0.

Can you send me the deck list? It is required that you use PURE water in the side deck, main deck, and extra deck when applying for the water team.

I've seen the deck before. He used it the last time we held this tournament at ODA. It's legitly all Water monsters believe me.
Fluff Fluff
Fluff Fluff

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Was just making sure lol he said Water Hero's and that threw me off, thanks for confirming lol
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:20 pm

burning abyss allowed then?
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:23 pm

SuPdEsUp wrote:burning abyss allowed then?

2. The use of Light/Dark monsters are not allowed, as they are not elements and they never will be. Yes, this means no Light/Dark monsters in the extra deck such as Big Eye. Yes, I hate to break it to you, but Shaddolls will not be in this tournament. If any use of Light/Dark monsters are seen/used within a match, that match does not count and the loss goes to whoever used the mentioned Light/Dark cards.

Please read the rules before asking any questions, thank you.
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 pm

ohshit, I misread that
Mani
Mani

DA Record : 21-0-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Yeah, lol. Its all water.. and its weirdest hybrid deck but it somewhat works. And I know how the tourny works, I was the one who hosted in the academy where Fluff saw it Razz

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilim Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm in with evols
Nephilim
Nephilim

SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by NmbrHntr Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm

I guess I'll use Raccoons (even though they are kinda bad without Junk Synchron).

Fuck you fl0f for banning Qliphorts.
NmbrHntr
NmbrHntr

DA Record : 12-0-7
SA Record : 2-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlock Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Joining with mesh Gishkis
Grimlock
Grimlock

DA Record : 5-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Boyzachu100 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Cause NMBR faggot stole my deck, I'll be playing Jurracs.
D-Boyzachu100
D-Boyzachu100

DA Record : 10-0-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilim Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

jackachu100 wrote:Cause NMBR faggot stole my deck, I'll be playing Jurracs.

MY NEIGHBOUR! WOOOOOOO
Nephilim
Nephilim

SA Record : 0-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm Running, Running The Next Meta.
SuperHeavy Samurai's ! Very Happy
Fangirl
Fangirl

DA Record : 3-1-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lusterine Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:00 pm

I'll go ahead and play with my superheavy samurai gang <3
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Fangirl wrote:I'm Running, Running The Next Meta.
SuperHeavy Samurai's ! Very Happy

Crystal put her deck in first, sorry luster please pick a new deck
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Lusterine Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm out, can't think of any other deck to use .-.
Lusterine
Lusterine

DA Record : 9-0-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Can I join with the Earth Psychic deck?
Carly
Carly

Back to top Go down

Post by PLivingston Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Missy wrote:Can I join with the Earth Psychic deck?

As long as it follows the guidelines Very Happy
PLivingston
PLivingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:33 pm

I'll join with my archtype of poorly clothed nature women that trap you in their nest Traptrix, for EARTH.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral

DA Record : 6-0-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next